Senior Oracle DBA, VTRAC CONSULTING CORPORATION
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 25, 2011 1 Position(s)
VTRAC Consulting Corporation
"Solutions for Growth"
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence subject Senior Oracle DBA; JOB Number: 2770; Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (416) 366-2600 x 239
Position: Senior Oracle DBA
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Order: 2770
The DB Engineering team, under Infrastructure Technology Solutions - Engineering, provides the expertise to analyze, define and transform systems specifications into an operational and highly reliable database environment. The team delivers enterprise level database solutions through involvement in design, build, test, and deployment of such solutions.
- Consult, design, build, test, deploy quality database solutions that involve Oracle and are consistent with project objectives, client requirements, technology architecture standards and departmental best practices
- Administer Oracle database infrastructure from design to deployment
- Utilize Oracle subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, security, recoverability, and supportability, all while minimizing costs
- Provide 3rd level on-call support on a rotational basis
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have 7 -10 years working experience performing as an Oracle DBA
- Minimum 7 years experience in building and administering Oracle environments (9i, 10g)
- Minimum 5 years experience in building and administering Oracle RAC environments (9i, 10g)
- Working knowledge of various Oracle technology points including building and administering Database backups using RMAN with TSM and/or Netbackup, ASM, DataGuard, and OEM Grid Control
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or higher certificates on Oracle 9i or Oracle 10g.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Database centric solutions to deliver High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- ? Awareness of non-Database centric capabilities (HACMP, VCS, TrueCopy)
- Demonstrated experience with applying CPUs and Patch Sets
- Demonstrated experience with Unix shell scripting
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with high demands and short deadlines
- Demonstrated experience involving strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business, including Management)
- ? Highly organized and possessing strong analytical skills
- ? Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- Must be team-oriented with ability to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional setup
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver projects/tasks in a timely fashion
- Must be able to effectively represent DBA team on escalated incident management calls from operations
We thank all the candidates in advance. Only those candidates that are selected for interview will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com.
Apply Via Email