Database Analyst, TRANSCONTINENTAL INC.
GTA, ON, CANADA; Greater Toronto Area, ON, CANADA; Greater Toronto, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
| Posted Jan 21, 2011 1 Position(s)
Thindata 1:1, a Transcontinental Company, (www.thindata.com) is a North American leader in email marketing, marketing automation and marketing strategies. We help clients deploy the perfect combination of marketing messages across all media by leveraging analytics, predictive modeling and state-of-the-art technologies. The resulting 1:1 customer dialogues maximize revenues and ROI.
The Database Analyst reports to the Manager, Customer Insights and supports the client's marketing organization by providing support in the areas of database administration and the development and execution of customer-centric reports. The Database Analyst requires strong database administration skills, as well as reporting capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintain Marketing Data Marts and monitor ETL processes
- Design/Develop/Deploy Marketing Data Marts and automated ETL processes
- Develop QA testing processes and reporting
- Documentation of functional and technical specifications related to Data Mart design, upload processes, and maintenance requirements
- Develop Dashboard and ad-hoc reporting to meet client specifications
- Identify and escalate any potential issues to the manager that may impact the delivery of projects and outline potential alternative solutions.
- Plan and manage projects appropriately to ensure delivery is on-time and on-budget.
- Monitor internal project communications and track time
- Engage in post-mortem reviews and documentation
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE :
- Demonstrated Database management and data manipulation skills
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server, coding and programming experience.
- Degree in Business Analysis, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience as a business analyst or data analyst
- Experience with reporting applications such as SQL Server Reporting Services, Cognos, Micro Strategy, or other would be an asset.
- An interest in Database Marketing
Please apply online at; http://transcontinental.cvmanager.com/vj.asp?region=qc&lang=e&jobid=2911&sid=269