Database Analyst, SCOTIABANK GROUP
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 7, 2011 1 Position(s)
Scotiabank's Canadian Banking Enterprise Data Warehouse is seeking a Database Analyst to join their growing team. The Database Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, technical administration, performance tuning and support of the database environment, supporting application and development efforts. This is a great opportunity for a candidate wishing to expand their technical skills and use their analytical skills and experience.
- Database design, support and administration on a multi-platform environment (DB2, MS SQL, Windows)
- Responsible for the management of DB2 and SQL server including loading, maintaining and auditing data. You will also be responsible for database architecture, data integrity, database turning and development. You will be required to conduct data analysis using SAS connecting to a DB2 environment as required.
- Writing database documentation including data standards, procedures, data models, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning and maintenance of mission critical enterprise database systems
- Develop and maintain ongoing performance trend reporting
- Apply patches, fixes and updates in a timely manner
- Configuration and maintenance of 3rd party software packages for scheduling, alerting, reporting, monitoring etc.
- Design and implementation of database security standards
- Managing access permissions to databases up to the field level
- Create and implement scripts and programs for maintenance tasks
- Plan, coordinate and implement upgrades as required
- Design and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure integrity of data
- Participate in maintaining the Disaster Recovery Plan and perform periodic DR testing
- Work closely with application developers and outside service providers to support operations and develop new technology solutions as required
- Assist other technology teams (i.e. Network, Security) as required.
- Plan and implement capacity and resource to ensure long term viability
- Identify inefficiencies in current database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
- Conduct data analysis from the data stored on SQL server or from DB2 source data
- Working with developers to create and optimize database views and query statements
- Developing scripts to migrate database from one version to the next
- Supporting multiple development and production environment
- Extensive experience in all aspects of data architecture, from logical to physical, process perspective to systems perspective, and business perspective to IT perspective
- Well-versed in various RDBMS systems with emphasis on DB2 (version 8 and above)
- Advanced knowledge in enterprise database administration, data modeling, design, integration and tuning for DB2 and MS SQL
- Familiar with data backup and recovery process and technologies; working knowledge of data warehouse tools and technologies
- Relationship building and management skills to effectively partner with various departments and stakeholders
- Strong command of DB tools such as CA Erwin and experience implementing enterprise-wide data and database solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience using SAS in DB2 Environment
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in one or more scripting languages for use in maintenance and data migration task
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- DB2 certification is an asset
- Location - Downtown, Toronto
The Scotiabank Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1049357-1796-6879