Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
Research In Motion is looking for an experienced Oracle PL/SQL developer to enhance on an internally developed PL/SQL projects. This project involves developing code to load, scrub and summarize hundreds of millions of rows daily with summarized data being transferred to reporting repositories. The successful candidate will continue PL/SQL development of the existing systems, while investigating, designing, developing and implementing improved strategies.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing solutions to meet customer requirements
- Providing feedback on designs and solutions
- Ability to interact and co-operate with diverse teams to achieve successful project completion
- Team player
- Desire to play with a diverse set of technologies
- Flexible and productive in a fast paced environment
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in Math, Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Architectural experience developing within a data warehousing environment (multi TB range)
- Knowledge of ETL techniques
- 3+ years experience in PL/SQL development
- Application performance tuning experience
- Experience with Oracle database (11g experience an asset)
- Able to formally document designs and implementations
- Familiar and comfortable with formal software development and testing processes
- DBA experience considered an asset
- Familiarity with JDBC an asset
- Familiarity with BI tools (COGNOS) an asset
- Familiarity with ETL tools and asset
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2010 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Hire Type*: Experienced (Regular)