Extensive experience in all phases of database administration, including: installation, configuration, physical and logical database design, performance tuning, writing stored procedures, triggers, security, troubleshooting, and managing backup and recovery plans. Extensive experience with replication configuration and troubleshooting.
Proven experience in supporting large production, test, and development database environments.
Strong knowledge and understanding of MS SQL Server Clustering
Extensive Transact SQL programming experience.
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible for executing daily operational jobs, including backups, index / statistics updates, defrags, etc.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
• • Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources are properly allocated to the databases and to ensure best performance.
Nice to have:
• C# and .NET Framework development experience
• Microsoft Office SharePoint site creation and administration
Certification as a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) would be a plus although not required.
- Essential - installation, configuration, physical and logical database design
- Essential - performance tuning, writing stored procedures, triggers, security
- Essential - troubleshooting, and managing backup and recovery plans
- Important - C# and .NET Framework development experience
- Essential - 5 years experience - MS SQL -DBA
- Important - 3 years experience - Application Development .NET & C#
- Asset - Bachelor degree