SCI Software Architect/Technical Team Lead
We are looking for Software Architect/Technical Team Leader with several years of experience in all aspects of design and development of innovative web technology/enterprise level applications, solving diverse and complex business problems.
You are an enterprising technical leader, driven to develop superior new products, who subscribes to "Get it done” philosophy and has an exceptional ability to make things happen. You will be expected to lead an R&D team focused on innovative design & development of “SMART” solutions for Consumer Goods and Life Sciences industries.
You need to have proven ability to design and implement highly scalable and maintainable enterprise systems under strict time and budget constraints; must have a strong background leading teams using agile methodologies to achieve timely completion and compliance with strategic business objectives.
Experience developing business applications for the Consumer Goods, Life Sciences, or the Retail industry is an asset. Excellent English written and oral communication skill is a must. French is a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong Interest to learn and understand underlying business problems
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise application architecture, best practices & development patterns
- Good knowledge/experience with web & mobile technologies for developing enterprise applications
- Agile methodology evangelist
Note: Knowledge/experience developing on Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics, SAP or Siebel/Oracle enterprise application platform is an asset.
Responsibilities & Performance Objectives:
- Lead a team of 3-10 developers through full software development lifecycle
- Manage scope and technical delivery of iterations and releases
- Coordinate team’s development effort & align with business needs/priorities.
- Provide hands-on solution consultancy in software system architecture, design & development best practices (patterns), and refactoring.
- Provide architectural direction and oversee solution architecture & overall technical design
- Design/oversee Business object, data, and technology architecture.
- Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk
- Develop shared reusable components & frameworks to increase reusability and solution robustness
- Participate in meetings with Product Management to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Ensure consistent improvement in team’s/iteration code velocity
- Keep/manage rework (bug fixes) effort at percentage of the overall effort
- Ensure release delivery within 10% variance from estimates
Experience & Skills:
- B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS and/or equivalent work experience.
- Over 5 years of design & development experience in enterprise applications arena within Consumer Goods, Life Sciences, and/or Retail systems; Focusing on Web, Mobile, Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) based application development.
- Strong background leading teams using agile methodologies to achieve timely completion and compliance with strategic business objectives
- Desired Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Languages: JAVA, C#
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, and related tools
- Development experience on Force.com (Salesforce.com), MS Dynamics, SAP or Siebel/Oracle enterprise application platforms is an asset.
- Experience with mobile technologies for enterprise applications on Blackberry or iPhone is an asset.
Please send your résumé at email@example.com, fax: 514-334-5599 or at
3773, boul. Côte-Vertu Suite 100
c/o Human Resources
Be assured that we will respond to all applicants.