Test Automation Developer
Montreal, QC, Canada
Radialpoint helps the world’s largest Internet Service Providers increase their revenues by providing simple and effective solutions to protect, manage and support their subscribers’ connected homes and digital lives. More than 40 million Internet subscribers worldwide have access to ISP-branded software and services from Radialpoint via service providers such as Verizon, Virgin Media, Bell Canada, BT, and Cox Communications. Radialpoint is one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, one of Montreal's Top 15 Employers, and a three-time recipient of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award for the fastest growing technology companies. Radialpoint is headquartered in Montreal with offices in Boston and London. For more information, visit http://www.radialpoint.com.
Position Overview & Main Responsibilities
In this position, you will develop and implement automated and manual software test strategies/plans, test procedures, test scripts and test cases for a mass market product and supporting server systems. You will ensure that defects are identified and addressed prior to releasing the product and approving the software for release. This role requires a person who has a passion for Quality Assurance and loves analyzing and driving testing efforts in a high-calibre team environment. If you are interested in working in a Quality Assurance environment where Quality Assurance is done right, then this is the position for you!
The Test Automation developer reports to the Software Quality Assurance Team Lead. As a Test Automation Developer you will:
• Simulate end user interaction through the generation of data and validate the data’s integrity throughout the various transformation stages.
• Install, configure and manage the test environments as required by the various QA assignments.
• Design, estimate and implement test automation strategy, test scripts and test code for web based server systems.
• Help to build automated test harnesses.
• Use a combination of scripted (analytic) and exploratory (heuristic) testing techniques in conducting QA on our products.
• Ensure the documentation and communication of test results and issues (bugs) through an issue tracking system.
• Assist in the reproduction and follow-up of issues reported from end-users.
• Provide technical documentation necessary for the purposes of explaining automation systems.
• Test requirements (implicit and explicit), failure modes, quality factors and specifications, provide bug isolation and work closely with the development team to help identify root cause of and resolution of software defects.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
The qualified candidate will have:
• 1 to 2 years experience in Software Quality Assurance working in testing software in a commercial software development environment. (Internship relevant work will be considered)
• At least 1 of these years installing, configuring, debugging and troubleshooting a server application (i.e. Operating System installation, IP Tables, DNS, TCP/IP, Apache, TOMCAT, etc…).
• At least 1 year experience validating data in transactional databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2).
• University degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent program/experience.
• Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL queries as well as write tests using SQL.
• Ability to validate Database Schemas through validation and troubleshooting.
• Good knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, REST), Application Servers (Weblogic, Websphere, Apache) and Linux.
• Excellent Knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. PERL, Python).
• Ability to use manual, automated or partly automated testing approaches to implementing test cases.
• Knowledge of Load testing tools (i.e. SOAtest, LoadRunner, OpenLoad, Performance Tester).
• Ability to recommend several different possible approaches to solving any assigned testing activities including the use of different combinations of testing tools and techniques.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills (terse, clear and complete).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Team player who is detail oriented and has superb organizational skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to anticipate, foresee and act on problems and manage risk associated with job responsibilities.
Additional competencies that will be considered assets
• Knowledge of reporting/data warehouse tools like Cognos, or Websphere.
• Familiarity with unit test harnesses.
• Skills to engineer the reduction of time to release, while significantly increasing test coverage.
Radialpoint is prepared to create an industry-leading package for the best candidate. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment combined with competitive salaries, performance bonuses and development opportunities. For more information, visit our career section: www.radialpoint.com/jobs