SAP Administrator System- Pharmascience Inc.
More Database and SAP Jobs in Montreal, Quebec
Pharmascience Inc. -
; Founded in Montréal, in June 1983, Pharmascience is one of two Canadian-owned generic pharmaceutical companies in Canada. Pharmascience employs more than 1,300 skilled individuals, and provides the public with access to high-quality, cost-effective drug therapies. ; Past job postings: SAP Administrator System
: ECC 6.0, Netweaver, BW/BI, APO, SAP Solution Manager; Career Opportunities
|Job Title: SAP Administrator System
|Posting Status: Permanent, Full time
|Location: ROYALMOUNT Site, 6111 Royalmount, Montreal
|Job Type: Salary
Under the leadership of the Manager, IT Systems Administration, the Administrator, SAP System (or Basis) is responsible for the analytical, technical and administrative components of the SAP environment in Windows. He is responsible for the installation, maintenance, capacity monitoring and performance of the system. He ensures the proper operation of the ECC, APO, BI, Solution Manager modules, as well as other related applications. He must also assist the business units and project teams in the evolution of the SAP environment. He also makes sure that activities related to the data center are properly executed.
1. Plan, lead and execute operations in the Data Center SAP environments known under the responsibility of a BASIS.
a. Manage daily operational activities in the SAP environment:
- Follow up, analyze and correct deviations related to the SAP software, the Microsoft SQI server database, and the operations servers and systems;
- Implement appropriate corrections;
- Manage tasks in batches;
- Manage SAP environment backups and recoveries;
- Manage transports, safety and users;
b. Manage activities on demand:
- Ensure problem solving and search for root causes;
- Make sure that analytical activities (Architecture, Technological recovery plan, Planning, etc...) are properly executed;
- Participate in environment audit activities;
- Implement the technological component (printers, servers, radio frequency, etc …);
- Update the various environments;
c. Constantly optimize the environment.
d. Ensure the department’s objectives are met.
2. Plan, lead and execute operations on Windows servers in the computer center.
a. Management of server operations:
- Manage backups and recoveries in accordance with current standards;
- Manage alerts using monitoring tools such as MOM and Solarwinds;
- Manage the active directory;
- Correct variances and document the processes;
- Follow change control procedure and project management methods. Review and provide regular reports on project infrastructure and status;
- Update logical and physical environments;
b. Operational problem-solving on the servers:
- Manage problem tickets opened at all levels;
- Ensure problem solving and search for root causes;
- Document incidents and modify processes as required;
- Communicate information to colleagues;
c. Ensure the department’s objectives are met.
3. Participate in the development and evolution of SAP technological environments in the sector.
a. Support all management units in managing: project execution, human, financial and material resources, and manage service agreements:
- Conduct regular follow-up, and communicate the projects’ progress and variances;
- Analyze the projects’ evolution and submit recommendations on issues and risks;
b. Make sure the technological infrastructure’s capacity is adequate to meet the company’s needs, while remaining within budget:
- Perform feasibility analyses on operational projects, and ensure the implementation of recommended solutions, where required;
- Participate in planning the sector’s activities;
4. Ensure technology watch. Act as technical expert internally and externally with regard to important SAP technological issues.
a. Actively participate in the technology watch related to his/her area of activity:
- Determine the issues, technological direction, trends and targets tied to the sectors’ business needs;
Keep abreast of current technological issues with regard to equipment and systems. Evaluate new hardware and software technologies, and provide an analysis and recommendations to the IT team and to management;
5. Any other tasks related to this position.
|Education and Training
- University degree in I.T. or relevant experience.
- Expertise in SAP environment management, Microsoft SQL Server, network infrastructure, server technologies, succession technologies, storage solutions and SAN. Minimum of ten (7) years experience in technology, three (3) of which as administrator of an SAP environment as BASIS in the following technologies: Windows 2003 and later versions, Active Directory, IP Protocols, PC hardware components and networks;
- In-depth experience of the following fields: ECC 6.0, Netweaver, BW/BI, APO, SAP Solution Manager;
- General experience in the following fields: Symantec Netbackup, Citrix, Microsoft Operation Manager, IIS, Solarwind and VMWare.
|Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of administering an SAP Basis environment in Windows;
- Client-oriented communication skills, ability to explain and provide customer service;
- Ability to establish targets, measure results in a context of continuous improvement;
- Good resistance to stress. Able to manage several priorities simultaneously;
- Analytical mind, capacity for synthesizing, team spirit, self-starter, good task, management, multidisciplinary approach, professional curiosity and bilingualism (French and English);
- Knowledge of ITIL procedures would be an asset;
- Understanding of project management techniques would be an asset.
Be available if necessary, on call, by rotation, and prolonged hours based on Production needs. Participate in extended hours rotation cycles which affect a small number of predetermined week-ends.
| Pharmascience subscribes to employment equity principles for women, visible minorities, individuals with disabilities and aboriginal people.
Last updated on September 25, 2011