Programmer Analyst - BI Development
Gildan is a vertically-integrated marketer and manufacturer of quality branded basic apparel. The Company is the leading supplier of activewear for the screenprint market in the U.S. and Canada. It is also a leading supplier to this market in Europe, and is establishing a growing presence in Mexico and the Asia-Pacific region. The Company sells T-shirts, sport shirts and fleece in large quantities to wholesale distributors as undecorated “blanks”, which are subsequently decorated by screenprinters with designs and logos. Consumers ultimately purchase the Company’s products, with the Gildan label, in venues such as sports, entertainment and corporate events, and travel and tourism destinations. The Company’s products are also utilized for work uniforms and other end-uses to convey individual, group and team identity. The Company is also a leading supplier of private label and Gildan branded socks primarily sold to mass-market retailers. In addition, Gildan has an objective to become a significant supplier of men’s and boys’ underwear and undecorated activewear products to mass-market retailers in North America.
Gildan's corporate head office is located in Montreal, Canada, and we have over 28,000 full-time employees around the world.
| Job ID
|| Job Profile
Type of job
Working hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Collaboration & Business Intelligence, the programmer analyst is a critical thinking BI development professional with a 'can-do!' attitude. Responsible for delivering creative, robust, sustainable, and value added solutions; the programmer analyst will draw upon his/her vast experience to work with various members of the Gildan Business & IT team to develop new and enhance existing solutions, resolve operational technical issues, recognize opportunities & promote process improvement, adhere to adopted best practices, and promote the sharing of ideas and knowledge with other team members.
- Installation configuration of BI server & client software (OBIEE 10/11g)
- Subject Area design and development
- Report development and prototyping
- Working with members of the business and end-user community gathering & documenting requirements
- Data warehouse/mart/cube architecture/design/development/optimization
- SQL optimization/RDBMS tuning
- Provide production support & training to end users
- OS level scripting
Qualifications and required experience
The person should have
- Related University Degree in either a business or an IT domain
- CBIP designation
- 5+ years working in BI & DW in both a technical and a business analyst role
- Strong data visualization experience
- Excellent communication skills on various levels (technical, end-user, management) written and spoken.
- Fluent in current BI & DW technologies, trends and best practices
- 2+ years working with Oracle OBIEE
- Led a BI tool introduction
- Agile software development methodology
Apply for this position :
| By mail :
|| By fax :
|Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Fax : 514-735-3727