Database Administrator - Bombardier
The DBA is responsible for data integrity, security and availability. He/she is asked to participate in physical data design and verification of data validity, to maintain corporate databases, to provide backup strategies and to help identifying performance bottlenecks. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Participate in the design and maintain the physical models of multiple databases consistent with BA guidelines and the Information Strategic Plan.
- In collaboration with project teams, define access security and capacity requirements. Define and implements procedures for the purging and archiving of the database resources.
- Develop, implement and maintain the standards and procedures related to the creation, maintenance and usage of all database resources.
- Responsible for the database tuning and administration, backup strategies, data security.
- Responsible for searching out and evaluating packaged software as solutions to database administration issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of systems and data processing technology, including understanding of networking, client/server technology, UNIX servers, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with the ongoing project and Operation teams. The DBA has responsibility for ensuring effective resources to meet the expectations of project and operation goals.
- Provide technical guidance to development teams and participate in performance tuning.
The DBA is a member of ESMS team involved in:
- Major contributor to the implementation of Bombardier global infrastructure.
- Responsible to plan changes to, implement, document and maintain the multi platform databases.
- Ongoing collaboration and support with project teams, system administrator, and application support groups.
- Ensure that the current environment performs optimally and to insure the smooth integration of all new technology component.
- Deploy technology at Bombardier Aerospace and work regularly with vendor staff, to ensure adequate support is provided.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
CA-QC-Montreal - St-Laurent
Last updated on March 22, 2011