Database Administrator (DBA)
Averna is an expert in the design and manufacturing of high performance test solutions used by R&D and hi-tech manufacturing companies worldwide. Our goal is to improve and optimize their engineering, production and repair activities. Our solutions accompany our customers through the lifecycle of their commercialized products, from design simulation and software load validation to product functional test and post-delivery troubleshooting and repair.
Our clients include some of the most innovative telecom manufacturers and leading aerospace equipment providers.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the Database Administrator is responsible for the general management of the database within our Proligent division.
- Troubleshoot database Performance Issues (timeouts, deadlocks, etc...)
- Provide Technical Support directly to Customers by phone or onsite if required
- Automate Maintenance Tasks
- Implement Data & Database Administration Strategy
- Analyze and forecast capacity and performance requirements for growing customers’ environments
- Analyze and fine tune Customer databases
- Develop database utilities, monitoring tools and performance Reports to ensure maximum up-time for Customers
- Execute Customer Database Upgrades and Patches
- Document database Schema Model
- Collaborate with R&D to analyze and optimize indices and constraints
- Assist and contribute to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence design meetings
- Implement backup strategy, clustering, replication, etc...
- On-Call 24/7 for emergency Production Down critical cases
- Monitor SaaS environment and ensure uptime for Database Servers
- BS Computer science / Software engineering (or engineering degree with Database experience)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a DBA
- MCDBA certification is an asset
- Outstanding proven Troubleshooting and Analytical Skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent proven customer facing skills
- Experience with Large clients and fortune 500 companies
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Self-Motivated when under stress