Database Analyst, POINTCLICKCARE.COM
Mississauga, ON, CANADA
Posted Dec 22, 2010 1 Position(s)
Wescom Solutions, developer of the PointClickCare system, has been recognized for three years in a row in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 2006, 2007, 2008!
PointClickCare is a North American leader in healthcare information systems. We are a privately owned Canadian based company with a strong focus on the success of our customers. Our entrepreneurial atmosphere is just part of what makes PointClickCare an exciting and motivating place to work.
Our web-based software tool enables nursing home facilities to efficiently run their business, which means more focus on the seniors that live there. Through the talent and expertise of our employees, we are proud to say our product is user-friendly, frequently recommended by current users, and backed by a committed team of people.
To ensure a successful â?ono hassleâ? implementation of clientâ?Ts database with a focus on data quality and integrity of core configuration setup and data conversion. Work directly with Project Management and Clients as a consultant on database related issues. Provide Support to other departments with production and non-production database related tasks. Work with other Data Services team members to enhance and or optimize current processes.
- Aptitude for analysis and interpretation of data
- Design, Develop and Test database objects to run ETL processes that support new clientsâ?T implementation to pointclickcare software solutions and other business requirements using SLQ Server 2005 SSIS packages or SQL Server 2000 DTS for web-based applications.
- Ensure all Data Services packages, stored procedures, scripts and functions are updated as business logics are upgraded to meet Wescom standards.
- Work in partnership with clients and the project manager to establish business requirements and solutions.
- Provides technical assistance to implementation teams on subjects regarding the RDBMS and related environments.
- Work with application developers and other database administration staff to research, define, and correct application performance issues
- Work with QA to put together regression tests for all Data Services DTS Packages, scripts, stored Procedures etc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in computer Science or comparable job-related experience is required.
- Must have extensive experience with relational databases and data model concepts (data mining, data analyst)
- Work experience must include experience in application systems development utilizing database technology.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Must have strong requirements gathering, interpersonal and client facing skills.
- Long-term care Industry experience is a definite asset
Compensation and Benefits Overview
Being an employee of PointClickCare, you can expect to work in a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by talent and expertise and a passion for what we do.
As a result of our recent growth we are expanding our facilities to include additional work and meeting space, a new gym and an expanded cafeteria. We should also mention we have a cool work culture backed by quarterly employee events, free lunch 3 times per week and onsite massages (just to name a few of things we do to make employees feel valued).
We mean what we say when we say we like to work hard, but play hard too!
We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, career development opportunities, RRSP matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please visit the careers section of our website to locate this position and the online application.