Systems Engineer -
Varicent Software Incorporated
More Database and SAP Jobs in Toronto, Ontario
Varicent Software Incorporated
Varicent Software Incorporated is an innovative software provider delivering measurable improvements for its customers through its industry-leading incentive compensation and sales performance management solutions
; Past job postings
: SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008) and Oracle (9i, 10g) ; Career Opportunities
Systems Engineer, VARICENT SOFTWARE
Markham, ON, CANADA; North York, ON, CANADA; Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 28, 2011 2 Position(s)
Varicent Software Incorporated is an innovative software provider delivering measurable improvements for its customers through its industry-leading incentive compensation and sales performance management solutions. We have a strong worldwide presence and a robust network of best in class partners across the globe.
We have a strong employee culture that promotes mutual respect, teamwork and transparency.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join our Technical Services team. Reporting to the Manager of Technical Architecture, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tier III Support
- Lead configuration of customer issues including performance, scalability and configuration
- Provide deep technical expertise and own issues that are escalated to Tier III
- Work within the team to drive continuous service improvement based on quality metrics and customer feedback
- Refine engagement models with Global Support, Global Services, and our implementation partners
- Identify potential product and internal process enhancements
- Work with the product management and development groups to review upcoming architectural changes or third party integration
- Help develop Tier I and II technical expertise
- Managed Services
- Establish solutions in connection with client requirements
- Contribute to architectural scoping sessions with new clients focusing on data models and data impacts
- Present solutions that are consistent with the architecture and the design of Varicent's application
- Audit quality of system design in terms of; adherence to existing functionality, integration of system components, usability, and scalability
- Assist with building relational databases, and writing and testing calculations
Preferred Candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science of Software Engineering
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience as a DBA, Technical Analyst or Developer
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of, and experience with, application architecture (client/server, web, database).
- Working knowledge of Varicent's supported database platforms SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008) and Oracle (9i, 10g)
- Tools: Management Studio SQL (2005, 2008), SQL Developer, Microsoft Project, OS and environments: Windows (2008, 2003, 2000, etc), Unix, MS-DOS, Web Servers (IISs, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic)
- Prior experience in building relational databases
- Experience with database development of stored procedures, triggers, and view functions
- Able to complete calculations & reporting and to create complex formulas, macros and sophisticated formatting in Microsoft Excel
- Practical hands-on experience with the following languages and front end technologies:
- SQL Server Integration Services
Please forward your resume and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, please quote "Systems Engineer"
in the subject line. Please state your salary requirements within your cover letter.
No agencies or telephone calls please.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for a telephone interview will be contacted.
For more information about Varicent, please visit our website at www.varicent.com
Last updated on July 04, 2011