DATABASE MARKETING ANALYST - Toronto Star
DATABASE MARKETING ANALYST
The Toronto Star, Canada's most widely read daily newspaper, has an immediate opening for a Database Marketing Analyst. Reporting to the Database Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will design and produce customer target lists and provide insightful analysis of campaign results to uncover opportunities for sales and readership development.
Campaign Data Management
- Deliver the marketing data required for the execution of direct marketing, email marketing and telemarketing campaigns.
- Coordination of marketing campaigns across a variety of marketing channels to ensure that there is a high level of data accuracy, integrity and consistency.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans by providing recommendations and requirements for systems and process to manage programs.
- Manage ongoing, multiple campaigns.
- Develop targeting and segmentation strategies, leveraging quantitative analytics to enhance subscriber acquisition programs, improve campaign performance and drive profitability.
- Focus on data mining to proactively analyze, interpret and identify possible segments of current or potential consumers that are of importance to the Toronto Star.
Reporting and Analysis
- Design reporting to track campaign performance and measure consumer response.
- Design and develop campaign metrics and reports to facilitate measurement and activity reporting for marketing programs.
- Perform ad hoc queries, customer analysis and other analytical functions to support decision-making processes for subscriber acquisition programs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Post secondary education in Business, Marketing, Computing or related field.
- 5+ years experience in marketing with 2 or more of those years focused on database marketing, direct marketing or customer rewards programs (CRM).
- In-depth understanding of database marketing principles and database analytics.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Strong skills in MS Access and Excel. VBA or SQL would be an asset.
- Strong project planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated - able to take the initiative to discover new business opportunities and segments, as well as able to think creatively and continually look for new ways to improve processes and performance
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, by Friday, May 13, 2011. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted
Last updated on May 08, 2011