Senior Software QA Engineer (Toronto) - Pitney Bowes Business Insight
Senior Software QA Engineer (Toronto)-108450
Pitney Bowes Business Insight seeks a Senior QA Engineer (Toronto)
Pitney Bowes Business Insight, the software division of Pitney Bowes Inc., was formed in 2007 by combining industry leaders MapInfo and Group 1 Software and most recently Portrait Software. Our global software solutions, data, and services provide our customers with greater competitive advantage and enhanced decision making through our array of offerings in Location Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Operational Intelligence, and Customer Communications Management. For further information about our products and services, please visit www.pbinsight.com
Pitney Bowes Business Insight is seeking a Senior QA Engineer to join our core engineering team. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented Location Intelligence Engineering team, contributing to Pitney Bowes MapInfo continued growth. This position will be based out of our Toronto, Ontario office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to review and provide feedback on feature and product requirements, feature specifications; participate in feature design reviews; ensure feature and product implementation correspond to customer requirements and specifications.
- Responsibility to write, maintain, review, and execute test plans; investigate, log, track, and retest incidents; write and maintain test automation that ensures thorough feature and/or product testing; initiate and conduct test plan and code reviews.
- Responsibility to participate in creation of Master Test Plans that ensure a holistic testing perspective and that accounts for all aspects of product quality; use metrics as means of quantifying product quality and assessing project/product risk.
- Responsibility to establish and maintain a constructive, cooperative working relationship with Engineering staff; assist other departments by responding promptly to inquiries; clarify interests and positions of all parties; build consensus through give and take.
- Responsibility to design and implement infrastructure and process improvements that allow QA and engineering to perform jobs more efficiently or accurately; plan team assignments to maximize efficiency.
- Responsibility to mentor and train staff and participate in candidate review and selection process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience is required. Master's degree a plus.
- 5 or more years of direct experience in software quality assurance, software testing, programming, software development, project management, technical support, or other related experience in a software development capacity
- Working knowledge of DBMS such as SQL Server and ORACLE
- Thorough knowledge of software testing practices
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Unix or Linux
- Ability to maintain testing infrastructure
- Knowledge of test automation tools such as TestPartner, QTP, etc.
- Experience with server software, web servers, and/or application servers.
- Exposure to agile development methodologies, such as Scrum
- Exposure to virtual machines such as VMWare and Virtual PC
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain at least one of the operating systems
- Knowledge of bug tracking software and source control a plus
- Exposure to one of the following programming languages; Java, C/C++, VB, VB.Net, and C#
- Exposure to GIS and/or CAD software and familiarity with MapInfo's products considered a plus
This position offers a great opportunity to be an integral part of a progressive company fueled by intelligent, driven and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package. To apply for this position, please visit www.pbinsight.com click on 'careers' in the top right of the page and enter job# 108450.
Pitney Bowes is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer that values Diversity in the workplace. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Standard Work Days
Standard Start & End Time
Last updated on May 14, 2011