Project Manager II - SAP ITS Project, MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jul 7, 2011 1 Position(s)
The Project Manager II is responsible for managing the successful implementation of SAP and a business intelligence tool. The Project Manager II is responsible for managing the people resources (Informatics and business personnel) and the capital budget for assigned projects.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the project, including Plexxus SAP deployment at MSH and planning through implementation of a business intelligence tool. The implementation will include process optimization and associated change management. Successful implementation will be determined by on time delivery of the agreed scope and on budget completion that includes savings targets.
- The assessment and recommendation on approach to implement the BI tool with respect to the SAP implementation, i.e., at the same time, slightly after, after, etc.
- Working with other sites in a shared project model
- Working with other sites to optimize knowledge and resources
- The resolution of outstanding architecture issues and concerns
- The ability to lead project teams and foster cooperation and communications amongst team members
- Good relationship management skills and is able to work collaboratively with internal team members and sponsors, external suppliers and business partners
- Under the guidance of the Director, develop capital and operating budgets and manage projects to approved budgets
- Experience with business workflow and process redesign
- Sound knowledge and experience in systems analysis and design
- Proficient in the use of MS suite of products (Word, Excel) a ?must have?
- Business degree / Computer Science degree / work related experience is a ?must have?
- 5 to 10 years + progressive experience in Information Technology with 3 years most recently managing small to medium projects
- Detailed knowledge of business systems and processes
- Experience in a health care environment is an asset
- Familiarity working with SAP an asset
- Familiarity with financial systems an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex environment, including internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Good presentation and communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A positive ?can do? attitude and results oriented - able to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Well developed analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong Influencing capabilities to impact decisions within and outside the organization
- Good leadership and coaching qualities with the ability to lead medium size teams and to resolve team conflicts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day management of the project, including ensuring scheduled work is being done
- Management of the budget, including approval of all invoices
- Management of project resources in collaboration with existing Managers
- Definition of project approach, e.g., sequencing of work, methodology, etc.
- Planning all project tasks, including planning with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the team and contributor SMEs to the project from multiple departments
- Determination of savings in collaboration with SMEs
- Participating in and ensuring the completion of analysis, and execution of all project tasks
- In collaboration with resources, rescheduling, realignment of work as needed
- Work with Plexxus, vendor, and other sites on planning and deployment
- Resolve Plexxus and vendor issues
- Facilitating Project Management Committee
- Reporting on status, etc to Steering Committee
- Risk register development and management of risk in collaboration with Project Management Committee and Steering Committee
- Communication plan development and task assignment completed
- Management of scope and making recommendations to the Steering Committee, including assessment (on schedule and scope vs need) of vendor proposed change requests
- Define go-live backup plan and backout criteria
- Ensure go-live checklist is complete and approved
Please apply online at http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/careers or submit a current resume and an "Application for Job Posting" form to Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. July 12th , Room 301
Posted: July 5th , 2011
All employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training at Mount Sinai Hospital. In accordance with Hospital policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the completion of a health review.
Mount SinaiHospitalis committed to employment equity. If you need accommodation at any point in the hiring process, please contact our Accommodation Phone Line in confidence at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or HiringProcessAccommodation@mtsinai.on.ca. Please note: this extension is for accommodation inquiries only. As such, only calls regarding accommodation issues will be returned.
Equity. Good For Our Health.
Click here to apply for this job