iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 14 years. iFathom holds a number of Supply Arrangements and Standing Offers with various government departments for IT Professional services in different categories. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our Client has identified Oracle Database Administration as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Candidates must have at minimum a Reliability Level Security Clearance from CIISD.
Database Administrator to ensure continuous database support for Oracle production and development databases and provides for the smooth transition and operation of applications from development to production.
The specific activities to be undertaken are:
- Administration / On-Going Support;
- Oracle Product On-Going Support; and
- Application System Support.
- Minimum Reliability - Preferred Secret Level Government of Canada Security Clearance;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in database administration in an Oracle RDBMS environment;
- Extensive PL/SQL and SQL experience;
- Demonstration of hands-on experience in providing database trouble-shooting support for large complex applications is required, as well as experience in the implementation and support of Oracle RDBMS products on the OpenVMS Alpha, UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Experience in application design and development environment;
- Experience providing database administration support in a client/server and web based environments;
- Must have data analysis and modelling experience using Oracle Designer.
- Bilingual in both Official Languages
- Experience with Oracle RAC, OEM, Collaboration Suite, Oracle 9i / 10g AS, Oracle RMAN,
- Experience with Oracle Developer (Forms and Reports), Oracle Discoverer
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience
- Certification: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Must have Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
Please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Oracle Database Administrator, jobID # iF-002. Thank you.