iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathom holds a number of Supply Arrangements (SA) and Standing Offers (SO) with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories, as well as some government wide SAs and SOs. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our clients have identified Database Administrator as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Candidates must, generally, have at minimum a Reliability Status Security Clearance from CIISD.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Define new database structures.
- Define data conversion strategy.
- Define database conversion specifications.
- Customize database conversion routines.
- Finalize conversion strategy.
- Generate new database with the client.
- Work very closely with the users in order to maintain and safeguard the database.
- Identify requirements for improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements, systems performance and functional requirements.
- Maintain data dictionaries.
- Develop and implement procedures that ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database.
- Mediate and resolve conflicts among users' needs for data.
- Develop and implement security procedures for the database, including access and user account management.
- Advise programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data.
- Maintain configurations that control the database.
- Perform and/or coordinate updates to the database design.
- Control and coordinate changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records, and additions to the database.
- Develop and coordinate back-up, disaster recovery, and virus protection procedures.
DBA Levels of Experience
Level 1: <5 years of experience as a Database Administrator
Level 2: 5 to <10 years of experience as a Database Administrator
Level 3: 10+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
Specialties could include but are not limited to:
- MS Access
- MS SQL
- Oracle CASE
- Oracle Financials
- SQL Server
- SQL *DBA
- SQL *Forms
- SQL *Menu
- SQL *Net
- SQL *Plus
- SQL *Report
- Unisys DBill
Education and certification requirements vary with individual requirements. Commonly, education requirements include a bachelor of computer science or equivalent including IT-related diploma or commensurate experience.
Please submit your résumé to email@example.com and quote Database Administrator, jobID # TB SA-012 in the subject line. Thank you.