Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Specialist/Lead
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Industry: Software & Services
Company URL: www.guestlogix.com
GuestLogix is the leading global provider of onboard store technology which helps airlines build and manage onboard retail operations tailored to their needs and their passengers. Serving 35% of the global airline passenger traffic, GuestLogix has become a trusted partner to airlines around the world. The Company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and maintains sales and client support facilities in the US, UK, Singapore, and S. Korea.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Lead to join our team. As a Test Automation Lead, you will lead the planning and delivery of test automation projects, perform assessments of existing capabilities & processes, develop and implement new test automation strategies, and plan & estimate automation development & maintenance work. This position supports and assists product architects and application developers in producing software that functions as specified and is of high quality. QA Analysts help with the implementation and execution of industry-accepted standards, methodologies, processes, and tools that will be used to ensure that GuestLogix' software products are of the highest possible quality.
- Understand the end to end test automation process and how it integrates into Quality Assurance
- Plan and manage the delivery of the test automation projects, including the scripts to be automated
- Contribute to identifying the test scripts that could be automated; prioritize based on business needs
- Deliver automated scripts primarily using HP QuickTest Pro
- Work with Functional Analysts and client support group to ensure automation is working as required.
- Provide leadership to Automation Analysts/Developers
- Provides input and assists in determining and implementing industry accepted standards, methodologies, and tools.
- Suggests industry accepted methodologies as improvements to the engineering process to ensure that high quality software products are produced.
- Develops a comprehensive, accurate, and broad understanding of the software products being produced and how end-users will use these products.
- Thoroughly documents issues, defects, and deviations from specifications, and ensures that they are addressed appropriately.
- Assists in the process of prioritizing defects.
- As assigned, organizes and manages multiple types of testing scenarios, such as UAT, regression, performance and scalability testing, etc.
- Estimates level of effort and completion for various testing scenarios.
- Writes status reports.
- Analyzes defect metrics to ascertain trends and problem areas.
- Produces technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years Experience with HP QuickTest Pro
- Test Automation on mobile CE devices
- Experience in programming using object-oriented languages (Java or C#).
- 1-2 years travel/airline industry exposure and/or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software lifecycle.
- Experience using relational database environments, including Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience with UML.
- Working knowledge of Java RMI.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business; or related, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in test automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance
- 3+ years of QA experience using industry accepted QA principles and practices, with progressive experience in creating and executing test plans, test cases, test conditions, automated testing, defect metric analysis, and business scenarios.
- 1-2 years experience in analyzing requirement and design documents, including UML and ERD documents.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- 1-2 years experience in documenting issues and defects and deviations from specifications, as well as producing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of object-oriented programming and relational databases.
- Experience using software configuration management tools and version control systems, such as SourceSafe or CVS.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing organization in this exciting role, please apply to email@example.com with your resume attached. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
GuestLogix is committed to providing our employees with excellent opportunities for growth and offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and benefits.
Join GuestLogix and share the success of the business!
GuestLogix is an equal opportunity employer.
No Agencies Please