Database Application Specialist - CARE Canada
More Database and SAP Jobs in Ottawa , Ontario
CARE Canada -
Ottawa, Ontario; CARE is Canada's global force dedicated to defending dignity and fighting poverty by empowering the world's most vulnerable and greatest resource for change : women and girls. We proudly partner with Canadians from coast to coast, and in the communities in which we work, to make this goal a reality; DBMS
: SQL Server; Past job postings: Database Application Specialist
; Career Opportunities
Database Application Specialist, CARE CANADA,
Ottawa, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 21, 2011 1 Position(s)
|CARE Canada was established in 1946 as part of an international network bringing emergency relief to the people of Europe. CARE's commitment to humanitarian assistance continues to this day, and is complimented by a broad range of long-term development programmes in water and community health, agroforestry and conservation, and small enterprise and income generation.
CARE Canada is an operational member of the CARE International network, supporting and implementing development projects and relief efforts around the world. We are also the lead CARE member responsible for coordinating the overall efforts of the CARE International network in Chad, Cuba, Indonesia, Kenya, Zambia and Zimbabwe. CARE Canada operates projects in a total of 26 countries. Guided by the aspirations of local communities, we pursue our mission with both excellence and compassion because the people whom we serve deserve nothing less.
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Database Application Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for the administration of the financial application of CARE Canada's worldwide financial operations, as well as coaching and other relevant training and support to strengthen country office processes including reporting processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the financial application is properly secured through proper management of user privileges.
- Create, develop and maintain SQL tables, views, stored procedure and triggers that are required to develop Excel (VBA macro) and Crystal reports.
- Design, Develop and maintain all financial reports created using VBA macro and Crystal reports.
- Serve as liaison between CARE Canada and outsource partner, the external company providing IT desktop support to CARE Canada.
- Perform posting of unit document to ECM system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education required: Post secondary education
Experience required: Three or more years of experience in similar post with good understanding of financial applications.
- Strong experience with Windows Operating System;
- Strong experience with server 2000 and 2005;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and access;
- Good knowledge of Visual Basic and .net;
- Good knowledge of Crystal Report 8 and 10;
- Good knowledge of SQL backup, import, export and data transformation procedure.
Other skills :
- Able to organize and coordinate service oriented activities;
- Ability to work effectively with Care's outsource provider for IT Services;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong aptitude for learning, ability to quickly prioritize responsibilities and manage time commitments;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong aptitude to elaborate training material and ability to conduct effective training of staff using applicable case scenarios;
- Strong ability to write specifications for report automation (e.g. Crystal Reports).
The position reports directly to the CFO and has working relations with staff within International Operations, International Programs and other units within CARE Canada and its country offices. External relationships include auditors and vendors of IT applications.
fixed-term for 1 year
Deadline for applications:
June 30, 2011
**Please apply online at www.careersunited.org .You will need to register before submitting your resume**.
We thank all candidates for the responses to this advertisement. However, we regret that we will be able to contact only short listed candidates.
Last updated on June 25, 2011