A vibrant, growing company is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to help support and optimize a cutting edge SaaS product. The position could be full time contract to start, turning into permanent full time depending on milestones.
Our successful candidate will analyze performance, monitor uptime, create usage & benchmark reports as well as optimize relational database objects using SQL Server technology.
We are seeking a candidate who is detail oriented with a good balance of passion for technology, solid problem solving skills, eagerness to accept ownership and accountability, and drive for results. They understand the interaction between the components involved in a web hosting environment.
The key focus on this role is database performance and design as part of the application development lifecycle.
· Assess new systems designs and technical strategies. Perform database analysis and design, writing optimized TSQL, deep Query and execution plan analysis, data warehouse/BI experience, SSIS, SQL reporting services, scripting & Automation. Automate Tasks such as DB maintenance and other daily optimization work, monitoring and planning
· Develop database performance monitoring, tuning and optimization tactics and build database management automation and tooling capabilities. Push such innovation and optimization back in to the product
· Problem Solving: Provide technical expertise for resolving critical production systems issues
· Problem resolution including timely resolution of critical production systems issues using technical and problem solving expertise as well as proactive problem management and prevention
· Automate and optimize the application deployment scripts, sequences, or tools for faster, error-free deployment
· Contribute to Release activities including spec reviews, managing and implementing application deployments
· Position requires participation in after hours (late night) deployment and production update staff rotations
Core Skills for the position:
- SQL 2008/2005, reporting services
- Experience with and solid understanding of hosted SaaS applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical documentation, are a must
- Passion for working in a rapid operational environment and able to multi-task on several projects at once
- Must be able to review and deliver strong operational feedback to functional specifications
- Microsoft MVC C# experience a huge asset
- 3+ years of professional work experience in managing medium to large scale database systems
- Strong Database Engineering & Administrative skills with MS server products required including and not limited to; Windows 2003/2008, SQL 2005/2008 and IIS 7.0
- SQL Server Internals, Database fundamentals, RDBMS concepts, performance tuning and optimization techniques
- Design and Development of highly scalable, efficient and secure SQL Server systems
- 4+ years of designing and evaluating Capacity Planning and Performance Metrics
- Solid analytical problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- Demonstrated automation experience in live site application services
- Working knowledge of high availability DB solutions, disaster recovery scenarios etc.
- Strong knowledge of running and supporting Enterprise Scale Services and infrastructure with concentration in performance tuning, live-site management, business continuity concepts
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, including Power Shell, VBS, C#, etc. is a big plus
- Availability for 24/7 on call support
- MCDBA or MCSE certification a plus
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org