Under the direction of the Director of Information Services Technology, the Database Systems Administrator will handle the daily operations related to Tyndale’s various institutional management systems, provide expert-level database support and ensure that the current database systems operate effectively. He/she will also develop related plug-in applications, reports and interfaces between the various systems.
- Support, programming, maintenance and backup of Tyndale’s Jenzabar EX database system and JICS web portal. Manage routine software updates
- Assist users to develop complex management and financial reports
- Develop custom application solutions as required
- Administer user accounts
Database Modification & Integration:
- Modify existing database systems and related integration in line with user needs and technological capability changes
- Develop software solutions for evolving user needs
- Consider solutions that integrate external data with various database systems to improve efficiency and customer service.
Help Desk for EX and JICS systems:
- Respond to Help Desk requests from database users requiring technical support.
- Undergraduate college diploma (or equivalent relevant experience) with minimum 3 years programming experience with Visual Studio.NET
- Skilled in the operation of MS SQL Server, MS Office and an organizational data management system, and have the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Experience with report programming using InfoMaker, Crystal Reports or similar software
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions B.ng erience experience with MS SQL, InfoMaker…
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task and cope with multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Self-driven with ability to recommend effective improvements while demonstrating a solid understanding and sensitivity to current methods of operation
- Project management or system conversion experience would be an asset
Please note, all applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.