Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. Toronto is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence and creating a transparent and accountable government. Join the award winning Toronto Public Service within our Facilities Management Services division as a Senior Business & Systems Analyst (SAP PM).
Senior Business & System Analyst (SAP PM)
As a member of SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) team, reporting to the Manager, Business Systems and Reporting in the Facilities Management Division, this position manages project teams and provides senior level SAP expertise and application support, as it relates to the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining requirements for process, configuration and feature/function changes resulting from policy/contract/legislation, system upgrades and enhancements
- Reviewing and identifying changes and analyzing the impact on operations; determining the most efficient way to implement system changes as well as establishing and monitoring timelines
- Maintaining, supporting and enhancing various functional aspects of the SAP system landscape including troubleshooting of application problems, performing system configuration, analysis of business requirements and their translations into SAP specific context, as it relates to PM
- Developing, managing and implementing detailed project documentation and plans, performing system analysis activities, participating in the research and testing, providing contingencies, allocating resources and establishing priorities
- Supervising, motivating and training assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others
- Liaising with Corporate IT, external technical resources and software vendors regarding technical issues including client refresh, backup and restore requirements, and external interfaces with the PM module
- Maintaining business and technical knowledge of SAP PM module (i.e. demand and preventive maintenance, etc) for current and upcoming technological advancements
- Researching and recommending solutions to the PM module; developing new techniques and innovative approaches to enhance system functionality and automate business processes. Assists in the execution of system processes to support interfaces, reporting requirements and year-end reporting
· Extensive SAP knowledge and application support experience related to the PM module
· SAP certification in the area of Plant Maintenance configuration
· Extensive experience in leading large and complex projects or teams
· Ability to use project management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to prepare and present detailed research proposals, methodologies, policies, standard project plans and reports.
· Ability to identify risks by thoroughly assessing implications of proposed solutions
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team
· Knowledge of the City's SAP system landscape as it pertains to the City's and Facilities Management use of SAP Plant Maintenance would be an asset
· Knowledge of legislation, city policies, collective agreements and accounting practices related to Facilities Management would be an asset
· Familiarity with government legislation in the area of occupational health and safety
To apply, please go to the City of Toronto's website, www.toronto.ca/employment and submit your resume and cover letter, quoting File # X11INS20815R by April 21, 2011.
For more information on this and other opportunities, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/employment.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.