Senior Database Analyst - TERANET INC.
Senior Database Analyst, TERANET INC.
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 14, 2011 2 Position(s)
Senior Database Analyst
Position: Senior Database Analyst
Location: Toronto - 123 Front Street West
Reports To: Senior Manager, Enterprise and Financial Applications
The primary purpose of the job is to provide database support and administration to the Data Utility team. The main job function is to provide installing, upgrading, designing, developing and maintaining relational database management systems support.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Delivering database administration services to a diverse client base;
- Installing, upgrading, designing, developing and maintaining relational database management systems using MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008;
- Configuring and implementing relational databases in support of Custom "Off The Shelf" software implementations;
- Developing and implementing procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database;
- Developing and implementing security procedures for the database, including access and user account management;
- Developing and coordinating backup and disaster recovery procedures;
- Ensuring that all database and environment changes are tested appropriately and implemented in such a manner that there is no impact to business;
- Performance tuning to make sure that it is running at optimal levels
- Support and maintain internal corporate and Financial applications and databases;
- Support and maintain custom data integration between internal and customer-facing applications;
- Design, build, and maintain data marts and OLAP cubes using Cognos Business Intelligence;
- Perform Business Analysis by assisting internal departments to gather requirements for systems improvements; and
- Any other tasks related to the type of work normally performed under this category
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years "hands on" experience working in SQL Server SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 environment.
- Proven track record with data conversion, physical database design, database integration to external systems, and application performance analysis and tuning
- Expert level knowledge and experience developing, modifying and maintaining SQL Server tables, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Solid background in real-time and batch database replication.
- Visual basic and .NET programming skills
- Working knowledge of Cognos BI and OLAP technologies would be an asset
- Experience with Sybase and Oracle database systems would be a definite asset.
- A passion with technologies, a drive to be the best at what you do and always looking for ways to improve
- Previous experience in business requirement analysis
- Knowledge of ERP applications would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Teranet provides business-to-government (B2G) and business-to-business (B2B) eservice solutions that enable organizations to greatly enhance the services they provide to their customers. With a unique combination of capabilities and state-of the-art systems, Teranet is at the forefront of delivering service potential in the land, legal and financial services industries as well as enabling electronic government
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume referencing in the Subject Line: TERANET-SDBA-062011 to: Teranet Inc., 123 Front St. West Suite 700, Toronto, ON M5J 2M2, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on June 28, 2011