Database Administrator (Full-Time Temporary - Approximately 12 Month Contract), CENTRE FOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Mississauga, ON, CANADA
Posted Feb 14, 2011 1 Position(s)
The Centre for Education & Training is a not-for-profit organization and is a leading provider of educational training and career resource services. With over 300 employees, the Centre for Education & Training provides a wide range of services to individuals, businesses, communities, and government agencies. With our head office in the region of Peel, we operate seven (7) locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area. For more information, please visit www.tcet.com.
The Database Administrator will assist with the comprehensive development of and support all elements of the new client management system. The Database Administrator will oversee all aspects of the business database related to the business strategy and client services. This position will work on initial database architecture design through implementation, administration, monitoring, tuning, migration and some aspects of backup support. The candidate will work closely with Management and the programming team to ensure an effective client interface with tactical navigation activities that supports the implementation strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and document database structure including database maintenance
- Build or enhance database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
- Develop/support database utilities and automated reporting
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Analyse and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyse, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability or for required updated to current database
- Restore and recover corrupted database, install, test updates and patches as required
- Implement and test security and encryption following procedures as identified
- Provide Support to internal and external users via email or telephone
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies are required by management
- Support the Employment Service team with administrative services including some general office administrative supports
- Maintain an organized and productive work environment
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a database design field
- Proven knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008, and some knowledge of MySQL
- Must have working experience in ASP.net, HTML/DHTML and/or PHP
- MS Office Suite (all components)
- Some knowledge of a Linux OS but strong knowledge of WINDOWS server
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, able to work as a team or independently
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking skills
- Confirmed strong communication and documentation skills, Fluent in English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and written skills
- Positive interpersonal skills, ability to communication affectively with all levels of management, colleagues and community stakeholders.
Please submit your covering letter and resume to Human Resources By Monday February 28, 2011 Via E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote requisition number: 012-QCIC-012 in subject line
Thank you in advance for your interest.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agencies, please.
Last updated on February 20, 2011