Symcor is one of North America's largest and growing business outsourcing companies. We were formed in 1996 to capitalize on the efficiencies of bringing together the item processing operations of three of Canada's largest financial institutions. Today, we provide a variety of industries with the following services: physical and electronic check processing, payment processing, statement production and document management.
As we continue to expand and drive the industry forward we look for top talent to bring forth new ideas, advanced skills and a collaborative work ethic. With multiple large-scale projects in the works our employees have unique opportunities to further develop their skills and pursue their career objectives. We'll help you pioneer your successes and accomplishments.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the development manager, the Database Analyst will actively engage in the architectural and operational aspect of database management and development.
· Recommend RDBMS architecture: RDBMS Vendor; RDBMS level, distributed environment, data warehouse etc.
· Install RDBMS software
· Coordinate RDBMS and application install/upgrade activities
· Maintain and improve data architecture and administration standards, procedures and guidelines
· Provide guidance to database design and development process
· Create and update an enterprise data model that incorporates all of the data model that incorporates all of the data used by all of the organization's business processes
· Participate in capacity planning
· Understand modern technologies: Web-based applications, Java, XML, etc.
· Develop performance-monitoring methodology
· Recommend performance monitoring and optimization tools and techniques
· Recommend and implement database-scaling solutions for VLDB databases (partitioning, clustering, etc.)
· Define database security policy, level of database auditing and database resource management principles
· Maintain and improve database security standards, procedures and guidelines
· Plan for all forms of database failure and disaster
· Develop and implement data restoration plans for different scenarios
· Recommend high availability and BCP solutions for enterprise databases
· Automate DBA functions to increase overall database and application availability
· Automate DBA functions (database backup and recovery, monitoring, maintenance tasks, e.g. re-indexing, statistics updates)
· Periodically test recovery plan (restore databases from backup, fail over to a standby database, test database replication, perform disaster database recovery)