Directly reporting to the Director of Information Technology the Senior Database Developer acts as a liaison between the IT department and business units across the organization. This role is responsible for developing an overall data architecture that supports the information needs of the business and identifies and documents requirements, design, develop, integrate and implement information and business solutions as well as provide advice on information systems strategies.
· Work with business units to align technology solutions with business strategies;
· Act as a business analyst in analyzing workflows and to address business needs by investigating, resolving and sometimes escalating problems to IT team members;
· Serve as a project member or team lead in supporting complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business;
· Responsible for leading the design and support of organization-wide business intelligence applications and the architecture and the optimization of business intelligence tools;
· Act as the database administrator/expert with the enterprise CRM, how the organization and business unit utilize the database;
· Work with vendors and information technology teams on projects and when required;
· Work with business units to analyze data flow between systems to establish entity and functional relationships
· Design and develop reporting and metrics to ensure management information necessary for senior leadership team decisions are consolidated, packages and distributed effectively;
· Partner with clients and IT management to determine customer group data intelligence and infrastructure needs and make recommendations for upgrades;
· Maintain organization-wide integrity of the data by ensuring that data currency and data cleansing procedures are implemented and followed
· Improve organizational performance though the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services;
· Act as a data analyst by comparing internal practices and trends to industry best practices; and
· Educate business leaders in performance improvement opportunities offered by existing and new technologies.
· University or college degree in Computer Science or other related disciplines;
· 8 years experience with Database Adminsitration;
· Demonstrate experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment;
· Demonstrate understanding and experience in working in a data warehouse environment;
· Understanding of ETL processes, database schema design and report design is essential;
· Ability to understand and manage the data warehouse;
· Experience in developing processes for deployment and management of application changes;
· Experience developing .NET applications from end to end including application programming, web programming and database development;
· Experience working as a mentor or lead and providing expertise to other members of staff;
· Experience working with customer/donor management systems;
· Experience working with CRM systems, e-commerce, and content management applications;
· Demonstrate experience in integrating online applications with legacy or back-end systems;
· Experience with messaging architectures, web services, and other distributed technologies an asset;
· Demonstrate ability to architect, design and implement large scale software development projects ;
· Experience working in all stages of the software development life cycle;
· Demonstrated experience building large scale Microsoft .NET based applications;
· Experience working with Blackbaud products an asset;
· Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure while juggling several competing priorities;
· Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines; and
· Able to function as an effective team member while demonstrating initiative.
About SickKids Foundation:
SickKids Foundation is the largest non-governmental granting agency in child health in Canada. Established in 1972, SickKids Foundation has granted over $500 million to The Hospital for Sick Children and over $60 million to researchers across the country.
As a national charity, SickKids Foundation not only invests in the important work taking place at The Hospital for Sick Children, it also invests in targeted strategic initiatives which are national and international in scope, to benefit child and youth health in Canada and around the world and complement the work done at SickKids. This commitment to child and youth health in Canada is true to the spirit of the Foundation's founders, who articulated a vision for the Foundation that went well beyond the hospital walls over 33 years ago.
SickKids Foundation inspires people to invest in groundbreaking discoveries, the transfer of knowledge and the care of children and their families in Canada and around the world. The future of healthier children starts here. Help us change their world so they can change ours.
Please submit resumes to:
Human Resources Department
525 University Avenue, 14th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L3