Job Req. #: 80372
Position Type: Full Time
Address 1: Scarborough
Job Category: Information Technology
A Database Architect takes business, functional and non-functional requirements, and any high level architecture or technical vision if it exists and produces a Database Architecture. It is this Database Architecture that acts as a link between Solutions Architecture or an Architecture and Blue Print if it exists, to the detailed systems design. A Database Architect must have a broad understanding of the true functionality available in the database management system (DBMS) technology as well as appropriate vendors in this space.
- Acts as the single point of authority for all DBMS technical issues relating to system design, intended operation, and technical solution.
- Gives technical direction to the project team in the end-end technical assurance of the proposed solutions, preparation and technical approval of the Feasibility Design, System Designs, and point solution designs.
- Conceptualizes and documents the strategies and architecture work necessary to meet the agreed non-functional requirements, in particular the Performance & Benchmarking activities.
- Produces the strategy and design for system management of the proposed solution, ensuring that the design is consistent with the existing and target operations and environment.
- Provides technical support for the resolution of critical/complex problems affecting the effectiveness of the Domestic Bank Systems.
- Develops Database systems (including highly complex systems) through to implementation.
- Establishes the overall security architecture and release-specific security design to meet the established security requirements.
- 10 Years Database Administrator (DBA) practical experience in development, integration and project delivery roles on database applications across multiple DBMS/OS platforms.
- Must have at least 10 years experience with Oracle databases.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Investment Platform environment.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
- A degree in a computer science, math or engineering discipline
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank's Information Technology and Solutions (IT&S) provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking and Scotia Capital. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Scotiabank Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.