Developer/Analyst (Fund Services)
Status: Full Time
Are you ready to provide strategic approaches in the banking, insurance and financial (capital markets) arenas? SS&C developers build systems that enable business clients worldwide to solve complex technical challenges with the aid of SS&C technology. The SS&C development group offers top notch experts like yourself the chance to gain serious ground on their professional goals with the freedom to move around, build skills on enterprise-level and best of breed solution configurations, and expand your career-critical experience.
SS&C is seeking a software development professional to assist in the development and delivery of SS&C’s world class products in a dynamic development environment.
The successful candidate will possess great communication skills and a proven track record of delivering results. The applicant should be experienced in all phases of the development life cycle and have experience delivering products to a wide range of customers. The position requires the individual to be able to work on many high profile projects simultaneously.
The successful applicant will be working in a dynamic development environment; leading in the development and support of SS&C’s Fund Services Systems.
SS&C Fund Services' scope of services for both onshore and offshore hedge funds is unmatched in the industry. SS&C Fund Services leverages its service, technology and expertise to deliver outsourcing services that meet business objectives today and in the future.
The following key points highlight the position requirements:
· Review application requirements and designs to provide feedback and development estimates.
· Deliver high quality code in accordance with the design.
· Create the plans and conduct the necessary testing and code reviews.
· Troubleshoot existing processes to solve performance and logic bugs.
· Participate in the creation of design documentation and present the designs to other project members.
· Provide technical feedback to product management team on proposed enhancements
· Develop and follow corporate standards and processes.
· 3 or more years of experience developing software.
· Experience with T-SQL,VB.NET, MS Access, ADO.NET, SQL Server 2005 (SSIS,SSRS), ASP.NET
· Experience with the securities industry would be beneficial.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate opinions and ideas.
· Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
· Autonomy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Capacity to meet deadlines; changing priorities and to work under pressure in a team environment
· Strong knowledge and experience in developing database driven applications using SQL Server
· Proven experience in programmatic data manipulation, format conversion and parsing
· Some experience with reporting tools, Crystal Reports, MS Reports, is a plus.
· College Diploma/University Degree (preferred major Computer Science/Programmer)
· New graduates are welcome to apply.
· An extensive health benefit program
· Generous training allowance program
· Flex time
· Business casual work environment
To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our corporate website at http://www.ssctech.com/careers/
No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Req. Code : 564
Division/Department : AdvisorWare
Skills : Programming -> SQL, ASP