Our members do what they do best and
SOCAN, a champion of Canadian music, is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the team. Our corporate culture is second-to-none. A competitive salary and benefits package are just the tip of the iceberg, plus you'd be working in a really cool industry. We currently have the following exciting position available in the Toronto area.
Junior Oracle Database Administrator
Working with the Information Resource Management team, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining operational environments of Oracle and MS SQL databases, as well as various application servers. Competent in working with complex applications (with guidance), you will monitor the performance and health of databases and application servers, perform testing and implement upgrades, support IT application team data models and designs, and assist with the planning and performance of activities related to software/application development. On occasion, you will work directly with the user community and software vendors to determine, code, and test solutions to database and application server problems.
Skills and knowledge:
- demonstrated knowledge in Oracle DBA
- familiarity with HP-UX, Windows, and other operating systems
- knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
- problem solving, self management, communication, and organizational skills
- proficiency in MS Office
- exposure to Lotus Notes and MS Project
- ability to work under tight deadlines in a team environment
- demonstrated facility with problem/change management processes
- strong customer service abilities
Knowledge of the following would be preferred:
- MS SQL DBA
- Oracle Application Server, Weblogic, and GlassFish
- database design methodologies (ERD, DFD)
- programming languages and tools (SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Java, JDBC, ODBC)
- at least two years of experience in application development
- post-secondary education in computer science or a similar field (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Oracle DBA certification preferred
This position has a choice of either a four or five-day work week (either Monday or Friday off), subject to approval by management in accordance with the Information Technology department's requirements.
SOCAN offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. For more details on this opportunity or to learn more about SOCAN, please visit our website.
Apply in writing or by e-mail by Thursday, April 21, 2011, noon. Applicants must quote job #OD-04.
Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN)
Attn: Human Resources
41 Valleybrook Drive
Toronto, ON M3B 2S6
fax: (416) 442-3367
SOCAN is committed to diversity in its workforce. Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience, and alignment of personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.