Database Architect - Ross Video
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold worldwide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada; and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind-the-scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross Video, and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients. Visit www.rossvideo.com to learn more.
||WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Working in a corporate information systems team located in Ottawa, the successful candidate will have worldwide responsibilities to support every area of our rapidly growing company. You’ll develop the fundamental data structure and warehouse for our business intelligence systems; you’ll create data solutions connecting our enterprise systems; you’ll be part of a core team that directly contributes to Ross Video’s success.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of helping a growing company get sophisticated. Tasks will range from creating custom-built applications to creating new practices and policies. Big or small, you're up for the job.
- You are a self-starter. You're happy to take the reins and take initiative. When you finish something, you're already looking for the next challenge.
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done. You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You're happy to dig through code, track down obscure issues, and solve problems other people haven't.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Education in Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Formal education in SQL programming and SQL Server 2005/2008R2 and associated technologies (SSRS, SSIS, etc)
- Training on corporate databases and systems such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Application development (VB.NET, C++, Java, XML, Perl)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Last updated on May 04, 2011