SQL/Data Base Administor - The Shopping Channel-24225
The SQL Database Administrator will be based out of The Shopping and will report to the Director, IT Operations. This role is directly responsible for the availability, reliability, security and serviceability of key corporate production database systems.
- Provide SQL database administration support for production databases.
- Provide on-call assistance for application database related incidents, problems and changes as part of an on call rotation
- Participate in and provide support of application releases
- Perform tuning of business application software as it relates to DBMS performance
- Perform tuning of all application database components and specification of all application specific system parameters relative to the performance of the application within the database structure.
- Provide support to customer's business application software developers and customer end users with respect to data and DBMS access and usage, as required.
- Execute implementation specifications and/or release package when directed and manage user ids creation/privileges. Involves the creation of all application database components (e.g. tables, indices, views, sequences, procedures, etc.).
- Participate in the testing and verification of new revisions/versions of DBMS software and related utilities.
- Recommend / assist physical database administrators with databases installations, upgrades and patch levels as required
- Manage & support technical changes being implemented into the environment
- Provide logical backup and recovery support of the applications database.
- Responsible for the availability, reliability, security & serviceability of production databases as it relates to the application database components
- Perform problem determination and resolution as it relates to application databases
- Maintain Rogers standards for database implementations and service
- Perform application and database optimization by working with developers, customers and system support personnel
- Provide optimization recommendations through historical analysis
- Perform physical design of application databases and file structures.
- Increase database reliability and availability through process improvement.
- Evaluate, provide and maintain software tools to assist internal and external customers.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent with substantial directly related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years SQL Administrator experience in enterprise 24/7 production environment required
- Ability to work effectively on multiple simultaneous tasks within fast paced, high tech, customer service oriented environments
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL database software
- Excellent working knowledge in the setup and maintenance of SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Working knowledge of Oracle database software a definite asset
- Knowledge of Windows and OS scripting,
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux is an asset
- Excellent ability with RDBMS database problem determination and resolution
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, motivational & analytical skills
- Excellent team-working skills
- Effective written & verbal Communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous experience in E-commerce or retail industries
The selected candidate is required to provide two business references as well as successfully complete a criminal background check.
The future is exciting and Rogers and The Shopping Channel are leading the way.
The Shopping Channel is Canada's only 24 hour televised shopping service. We sell over 15000 products through our various channels that include Phone, Web and Catalogue orders. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched conveniences, reliability, and flexibility.
Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mar 25, 2011
Target Start Date
Apr 24, 2011