Sr. Oracle Developer-23256
Rogers is seeking a Sr. Oracle Developer to perform software development and support for our Online Billing and Reporting application. Reporting to the WIN Online Manager at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus this individual will be primarily responsible to monitor and tune production DB performance, resolve production issues, contribute to new project development and support QA.
This position aligns with our Information Technology Solutions Jobs Framework
Category: Application Development
A career at Rogers within the Application Development Job Family will provide you with the following development opportunities
- Technical/systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- A custodian of established architecture, ensuring documented standards and procedures are adhered to and the smooth interpretation applications.
- Obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements, working with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies; agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirement, including systems integration testing prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Ensure personal, professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of the team; at the more senior levels, train and participate in company and industry working groups; encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Solid understanding of the businesses, well-developed people and project management skills.
Band 3 Typical Responsibilities
- Leads and coordinates activities of application and design development requirements, unit and system integration tests, documents and implements systems and programs.
- Writes new systems of moderate complexity, working with basic application designs and specifications, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Designs and codes programs of moderate to high complexity, creates test transactions and runs tests, revises as necessary.
- Conducts systems analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews release notes, relevant documentation and participates in code reviews.
- Provides application and user support, troubleshooting, application testing, system integration testing and post-implementation review of new/ changed applications.
- Completes unit and integration testing, ensuring adherence to standards and design specifications.
- Develops domain expertise in specific technical skills, tools, and techniques.
- Extends understanding of business and ITS strategies, drivers, and processes at the project to department level.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
- Helps select team members.
Experience & Education
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- 4 - 6 years equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to guide and support various developers in database development & coding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills, as well as excellent initiative and adaptability
- Minimum 5 years experience developing with PL/SQL on Oracle 9i/10g or higher.
- Experience using Oracle Designer 9i or greater;
- Technically fluent in PL/SQL
- A minimum of 2 years of experience analyzing and evaluating alternative data architecture solutions for a large enterprise project;
- Experience in Data Modeling using the Entity Relationship Model
- Hands-on database performance tuning and troubleshooting experience and expert knowledge with performance analysis tools
- Experience in at least one project designing data models for Data Warehouse systems
- 2 years experience with the following modules: EDI and Reporting application
- Business Functional Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Core Application Systems
- Operational Functions
- Foundation Architecture Knowledge
- ITS Development
- Programming Languages
- Analytical Thinking
- Oral and Written Communications
- Problem Solving
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The future is exciting and Rogers is leading the way.
Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch, or on the go. As Canada's telecommunications leader, we keep everyone informed, connected and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability, and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.
Mar 25, 2011
Target Start Date
Mar 27, 2011