|The Database Architect role will be based out of Toronto and will report to the Application Development Manager.
Rogers On Demand Online (rogersondemand.com) is Canada's premier website for viewing movies, television programming, and major channels including Rogers' live streams of the NFL, Leafs, and NBA channels. As a Senior Web Architect, you'll be developing and supporting the back end infrastructure to service millions of website hits, and the streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows from premiere partners such as Warner Brothers, MGM, TMN, HBO, and Global TV. And you'll be a key member of the team rolling out Rogers On Demand Online to a wide range of upcoming consumer electronics devices.
· Support new features and performance enhancements with database upgrades and enhancements
· Support the underlying database for our existing On Demand website
· Monitor the health and performance of our databases
· Discover and implement performance and uptime improvement strategies
· Participate in design and review meetings for both On Demand and corporate initiatives
· Contribute to testing strategies for new and revised application deliverables
· Support automated unit testing
· Develop and maintain our Data Dictionary
· Grow our internal reporting / business intelligence infrastructure
· Select and implement tools and procedures for managing all aspects of database design and operations
· Develop and implement strategies for replication, cloud deployment, load testing, and penetration testing
· Evaluate new technologies to improve performance and reliability
· 10 years overall experience in database management
· 5 years overall experience in web-related development
· Experience with large public-facing websites, optimization, security, and support
· Significant experience with replication and indexed views
· Experience in tuning a database for ORM access (there are no stored procedures)
· Intermediate T-Sql skills
· Advanced administration level with MS SQL Server 2005 or higher
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Excellent documentation abilities
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing team
· Experience with cloud deployments a plus
· Experience with Lamp stacks is desirable, including Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL, and No-SQL databases
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The future is exciting and Rogers is leading the way.
Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch, or on the go. As Canada's telecommunications leader, we keep everyone informed, connected and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability, and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.