Senior Data Developer/Database Administrator, ROGERS
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Mar 24, 2011 1 Position(s)
Scope: With a constant view towards data centralization to support credit operations reporting/analytics, a technical individual with strong database design & database programming skills is required as a Senior Data Developer/DBA for Credit operations. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but is not limited to; developing ETL jobs, designing /developing database and performing database administration.
This position will be responsible for Data Readiness in data server to support Reporting and Analytical teams within Credit Operations. Main responsibilites include:
- Assemble, analyze, and scope business requirements & translate them into technical solution
- Design a stable, efficient and flexible database structure
- Design, develop & schedule ETL processes to load data in database
- Design, develop & deploy data cubes for analytical purposes
- Design, develop and deploy reports as requried
- Work closely with IT on hardware & software installments and configuration to support data projects within Credit Operations.
- Produce and maintain data processes documentation.
- Prepare and present project details and status to senior management and cross functional teams as required.
- Mentor junior data analysts by providing training, support and guidance
- Computer diploma/database programming certification
- Strong analytical skills with background in analyzing new requirements and assessing both business and technical impact
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, information management and development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of designing and developing relational/star schema database.
- Strong working knowledge of advanced SQL, T-SQL, SQL Server Stored procedures, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Intermediate level of SQL Server production DBA (Database Administration) experience.
- Credit operation knowledge/reporting experience would be an asset
- SAS programming knowledge would be an asset
- MS Access/TOAD/MRE Web Focus programming would be an asset
Rogers is an equal opportunity employer
The future is exciting and Rogers is leading the way.
Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch or on the go. As Canada's telecommunications leader, we keep everyone informed, connected and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.