imagine the possibilities.
Imagine being rewarded with exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation and working alongside the industry's best and brightest talent. Let your aspirations become a reality at Revera.
Revera is a leading North American provider of accommodation, care and services for seniors; built on a 50-year history of enhancing lives with choices in community living, warm hospitality and compassionate care. Meeting the diverse needs of seniors and their families drives Revera's 30,000 dedicated employees. Revera provides a range of leading in-home health services, and offers innovative programs and care options at 220 retirement residences, long-term care homes and skilled nursing facilities. Serving approximately 30,000 clients every day, the core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence are the heart of Revera's business.
Find out more about Revera at www.reveraliving.com.
Revera Inc. is currently seeking an:
I.T. - Database Administrator (Oracle - SQL)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON.
Date Posted: February 14, 2011
· Oracle Database Administrator , OCP (Oracle Certified Professional)
· Microsoft MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
· Bachelor of Computer Science or in a related technology area and/or equivalent technical experience
· Extensive experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server in large environments with data warehousing and n-tier application models
· 7+ years of database manage experience using Oracle 9,10 and 11 in large environments
· 5+ years of database manage experience using Windows SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008
· Ability to act as a Database Administrator in both Oracle and Windows SQL Server environments
· Supporting multiple systems across Windows and Unix platforms
· Develop standards for RDBMS technology, architecture and processes (platforms, security, performance, backup and recovery etc.)
· Implement database security features (e.g. roles, privileges, authentication, encryption)
· Support RDBMS design and configuration changes on existing and new installations for medium and large scale projects
· Solve database issues encountered in software development and in production systems
· Work with an IT team to managed database logical and physical structures, implement backup and DRP strategies
· Monitor system resource usage and perform capacity planning
· Accountable for identifying industry trends and best practices and developing ideas for positive change
· Act as a subject matter expert and participate in the design and development of new solutions and applications
· Provide technical mentorship and knowledge transfer for other Database Administrator's
Please forward your resume, quoting Job Title and Salary Expectations to:
Jacqulyn Edwards, Recruitment Specialist
For further information on this and other opportunities, please visit our website.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Revera.