If you are looking for an exciting up and coming company that is on the cutting edge of online advertising, leveraging the latest technologies and interfacing directly with the some of the major players such as Google, Yahoo and many others, this may be the right opportunity you are looking for!
Retention media Inc. a leader in advertising solutions is seeking a Senior DBA to join our team. You will be responsible for managing and tuning multiple databases in multiple locations, with very high volumes (>50,000 transactions/s).
• Over 7 years of relevant experience
• Superior communication skills – both written & verbal.
• Make technical recommendations, develops and implements policies, standards and procedures to ensure the security, integrity, and efficiency of the enterprise database(s)
• Lead capacity for the DBA team in the planning, development and maintenance of databases systems for all of the apps.
• Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments, meeting commitments and deadlines
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Able to work with limited supervision
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to work under pressure
Required Work Experience:
6+ years minimum related work experience in the capacity of an MS-SQL
6+ Production support and
• Expert DBA with MS-SQL2000, 2005 and 2008
• Experience with DB performance tuning - a must!
• Expert with SQL clustered servers
• proven MS-SQL database ‘Health Check” analysis/review/ tuning/optimization experience;
• Ability to perform regular database backup and recovery tests, disaster recovery tests and data archiving for the environment
• Ability to create/modify DTS and SSIS packages
• Ability to create and read SQL Profiler traces
• Be able to code stored procedures, views, functions, scripts
• Previous/recent expert certifications, in MS-SQL 2000 / 05 or 08
• proven/previous 7x24x365 Production Support experience
• experience with other DBMS’s such as Oracle would be an asset;
• experience with .Net would be a must
• previous team leadership/leadership experience a must;
Our offices are located in a grade A commercial building with direct subway access.