SAP Data Architect -
Research In Motion Limited (RIM)
SAP Data Architect
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
As an SAP Data Architect on the Enterprise Data Warehouse team, the candidate will provide architectural governance and integrity to the SAP BI/BW projects by enforcing development standards and best practice implementation. Extensive experience as a BW developer, BW Architect, strong knowledge of BW integration with the infrastructure (Basis and DBA) team is required. Strong knowledge of Business Objects suite of products is also preferred.
The idea candidate will have experience to successfully lead the SAP BW development efforts as follows:
- Conduct Solution Reviews of all key projects/development to ensure architectural integrity and monitor progress
- Assist the team in resolving critical production issues
- Enhance existing development standards and naming conventions
- Enforce standards and guidelines for Backend and Front End Development
- Represent BW team as a SME in strategic projects
- Take initiative in developing reusable tools/framework within BW
- Enable appropriate usage of ABAP in BW development
- Review interface with development of Business Objects Universe and BW InfoProviders
The candidate will work closely with business system stakeholders and process SMEs to assess information needs and with the technical teams in designing and building solutions. In some cases, the candidate will also work closely with software vendors and business consultants during planning and implementation of systems projects.
The candidate must be able to balance short term project needs with long term business goals and must be able to advise the management team on strategic technical direction.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- 6+ years in the SAP BW as a data modeler, developer, SME and Architect
- Experience with SAP BW 7.X is mandatory
- Must have experience in deploying enterprise wide BI/BW solutions
- Experience with BW interface with Business Objects suite of applications is preferred
- Strong ABAP skills are mandatory
- Experience in SCM, SRM, CRM, SD, MM, PP, FICO, WM, and APO
- Experience with the SAP Business Warehouse Accelerator (BWA) is desirable
- Team player, ability to take charge and adapt
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should be able to document designs and implementations in a formal manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2011 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
: Information Technology
: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
: Experienced (Regular)
: Not Available
Last updated on March 28, 2011