Front Office Applications Support Analyst (Capital Markets Technology) - Unix Scripting, SQL, RBC FINANCIAL GROUP
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Mar 7, 2011 1 Position(s)
As one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, we have the resources that will enable you to put clients first.
Requisition Number: 134703
Position Title: Front Office Applications Support Analyst (Capital Markets Technology) - Unix Scripting, SQL
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Category: Information Technology
documentation, refining of processes, maintain and execute test cases.
The CED technology team provides technical support, systems maintenance and systems development of our front office to back office trading applications for the business group. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team and help us build an infrastructure to better support the business. This individual will provide expert support to all users of our trading environment and work closely with an exceptional team of traders, developers and managers to assist with the delivery of world class front office solutions.
- 4 years experience in an IT environment
- Business understanding of options and ETF trading
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Front Office / Back Office exposure
- Experience in derivative instruments, pricing, risk, and P&L
- Resourceful, organized, proactive, and good ability to multitask under strict timelines.
- OS: LINUX\UNIX (Fundamental)
- SQL, Preferably Informix and/or Sybase (Fundamental)
- Coding: UNIX scripting, sh, csh, ksh, perl
- Basic Networking and Routing
- ORC Protocol
- BDM HSVF
If you have strong analytical skills combined with a business/technology acumen and are looking for a highly rewarding career in an options and ETF trading environment, we would be very interested in speaking with you. We offer the opportunity to work with a range of technologies while developing deep industry specific skills within the business and systems arena.
- Sound Knowledge of Options ETF Trading life cycle
- Knowledge of ORC software and their products
- BA/support experience
- Assist customers with defining, documenting, designing and configuring solutions by creating detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to achieve solution.
- Ensure proposed solutions are compliant with business and technology roadmaps
- Facilitate prioritization of work requests
- Assist in the management of end user testing and acceptance as well as customer support in providing post-implementation support and maintenance
- Ensure smooth implementation of changes
- Independently, lead efforts to provide targeted solutions to the business
- Work with business to conduct queries and analysis
- The role will report to CED IT Manager Matthew Louie
Overall, your main accountabilities will be broken down as follows:
50% Application Support and Maintenance
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Minimum Salary: Not Available Maximum Salary: Not Available
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.jobviper.com/ViewJob.asp?id=672348-316-9213
We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to employment equity/equal opportunity employment and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.