Location: Toronto (1 position)
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator will, as part of a team based approach, supply complete support for all aspects of database and application infrastructure to a variety of clients, as assigned. This includes planning of deployment, deployment/test, transition to production environment, ongoing performance and health monitoring, proactive daily checks, backups and restore tests, performance audits and reviews and disaster recovery planning.
- Coordination, analysis, design, implementation, and administration of IT solutions
- Recommendation of best practices for improvements to current operational processes and procedures
- Database server configuration and maintenance
- Support of Oracle Database services
- Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans
- Trouble shooting of operational problems
- Proactive daily checks
- Responding to monitoring alerts
Minimum requirement: undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology other related field from an accredited university, and multiple training and/or certifications in Oracle database technologies.
Minimum ten (10) plus years experience in Database Administration, including experience in:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle databases
- Oracle Administration including various storage engines
- Oracle client tools.
- Performance tuning of Oracle databases
- Oracle technical support
- Oracle tools
- Design and implementation of various Oracle backup/recovery strategies
- Strong experience in Oracle replication and slave setup
- Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc.
- Develop methods for monitoring
- Linux/Unix and Shell scripting
- Interfacing with external customers
- Project Management, time management, scheduling and coordination
- White paper writing, blogging and presenting
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered. Pythian is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a security check.
Please Apply Here: http://www.pythian.com/about/careers/job-listings /