Data Warehouse Technical Lead -
More Database and SAP Jobs in Toronto , Ontario
Public Mobile -
Toronto , Ontario; Public Mobile is making it more affordable, for more people, to talk. It's why we will offer unlimited talk and text for a flat rate. Unlimited means our customers can talk and text all they want with no restrictions on minutes, or what day or time they can call; Past job postings: Data Warehouse Technical Lead
: Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Data Replication, Star Schema, Oracle Database, ETL ; Career Opportunities
|Data Warehouse Technical Lead
Job Type : Full Time
Division : Public Mobile
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location : Toronto Ontario CA M4S3E5
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : IT/Software Development
Job Description :
Welcome to a world of unlimited conversations.
Public Mobile is making it more affordable, for more people, to talk. It’s why we will offer unlimited talk and text for a flat rate. Unlimited means our customers can talk and text all they want with no restrictions on minutes, or what day or time they can call. At Public Mobile we believe anytime is a good time to say, “Hi”, “I’m running late” or “See you soon”.
We also believe that owning a mobile phone shouldn’t be frustrating, difficult or unpredictable. With Public Mobile there are no contracts, no credit checks and no surprises. So no matter how much our customers talk or text, they always pay the same flat rate. This means they’ll never be surprised by a bill at the end of the month.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Manager IT – Enterprise Applications, the Data Warehouse Technical Lead is responsible for defining solution, detailed design, development, testing and implementation of the solution. This includes determining possible functional alternatives, comparing alternatives, assessing the cost / benefit and recommending the best business decision for the company.
- Hands-on implementation experience with common enterprise data warehouse technologies; must be able to propose designs, and specify them at a technical level before implementation.
- Develop new data requests and Data Manager ETL and Transformer cube changes.
- Work closely with other teams in IT including Enterprise Architecture, Program Management, Business Solution Analyst, QA, Release Management, and Operations.
- Building and unit testing the integrations using the appropriate technology and working closely with the testing team to validate their integration with Operations to investigate, troubleshoot, and address production issues.
- Must Have (Senior Level Skills): Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Data Replication, Star Schema, Oracle Database, ETL
- Must Have: Data Architecture, SQL, UNIX
- Highly Desired: Kimball Data Model, Shared Information/Data Model or SID, MDM – Master Data Management
- Nice to Have: Talend, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Extensive experience developing conceptual, logical, physical models for operational systems, data warehouses, ODS, data marts (relational, dimensional, class models).
- Extensive experience in data modeling using E-R modeling techniques
- Extensive experience delivering application design, including object-oriented analysis and design, as well as data structure design.
- Understand the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques - such as change data capture, key generation and optimization.
- Experience with full life cycle Development.
- Requirement gathering experience both at technical and business level.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in building Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- BSc or MSc in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must have the ability to work on several tasks simultaneously, grasp complex operational concepts, and work effectively on cross-functional teams. Strong technical management and negotiation skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communications skills a must.
- Exceptional computer skills; Word, Excel, Power Point, & Visio.
- Previous Telecommunications Industry experience an asset.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, including an exceptional benefits package. If you are looking to succeed in an exciting, dynamic and growing company, please apply to join our team of professionals.
When applying by email, please include your position of interest in the subject line of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Public Mobile is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Words: Data Warehousing ELT Data Modeling Oracle
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
Last updated on September 04, 2011