Senior Database Developer - PriceMetrix
Senior Database Developer, PRICEMETRIX, INC.
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Feb 28, 2011 1 Position(s)
PriceMetrix is a software firm that helps retail wealth management firms and their advisors optimize selling efforts, manage clients, identify growth opportunities, and enhance practice management.
Through its exclusive relationships with North American retail wealth management providers, PriceMetrix directly measures aggregated data representing 2.3 million investors, 380 million transactions, 1 million fee based accounts and $850 billion in investment assets. PriceMetrix combines its patented process for collecting and classifying data with proprietary measures of revenue, assets and households to create the most insightful and granular retail wealth management database available today. PriceMetrix was recently recognized in the top 250 ICT Companies Listing in the 2010 Branham300.
Our comprehensive data on the business practices of retail investment advisors and their clients inspired the development of the award-winning, patented ValueOne¿, our patent pending CommissionCheck¿ and our U.S. Market-Based Equity Commission Schedule. FeeCheck¿ is the newest practice management innovation from PriceMetrix. It is designed to help retail wealth management firms and their financial advisors make more informed market-based pricing decisions for their fee and managed business.
Founded in 2000, PriceMetrix has its principal place of business in Toronto, Ontario, and services a notable range of clients within the United States and Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Database Developer is a member of our fast moving technical team responsible for building and deploying solutions with our SaaS and data mining/warehousing business intelligence platform.
Your role will be integral to taking The PriceMetrix Productivity platform to the next level in its evolution. Our solution employs data mining algorithms to transform and load data into a series of data warehouses. A sophisticated calculation process facilitates the in-house generation of process-intensive reports, data visualization tools, and feature rich web-enabled applications. As the senior database and data warehouse developer, you will be required to thoroughly learn our current architecture and, extend it with help from our team of experts around the firm.
As with all of our development team, you'll be a key member of the technical team with a range of experiences in developing innovative web and data driven applications. Your experience in the database and data warehouse development field has given you the desire to use your analytic skills, combined with your creativity, in a fast paced environment where you have freedom, responsibility and independence.
- Execute and lead assigned projects from initial brainstorming and architecting through to unit testing and development
- Interpret functional requirements and translate them into technical specifications that are well documented and implementable (as is)
- Utilize your passion for database architecture to take ownership of the processes, design and deployment
- Actively participate in overall goals of the development team, remaining current with and providing input to the development of the overall platform
- Envision, develop, prove, articulate and execute innovative solutions to our customers' business problems
- Continually focus on and enforce a highly scalable and secure systems
- Build on our culture of innovation by constantly growing your skills and the skills of those around you
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technology and web savvy - you live online and love it!
- Deep understanding of building applications for the web, how they're architected, where they can fail, browser differences etc.
- Experience with developing business intelligence/data mining/warehousing applications and presenting their data on the web through the use of technologies such as DTS/SSIS, MS SQL 2005, SSAS, MDX, ETL processes
- Strong experience in dimensional modeling and design and development of highly optimized data warehouses and analytical structures
- Extremely well versed in Database Maintenance and performance monitoring and debugging
- Strong knowledge of Data Transformation Services and SSIS Migration in MSSQL 2005
- Extensive knowledge of DTS/ETL processes and query optimization
- Complete understanding of the full development life-cycle and loads of experience with good and not-so-good implementations of it
- Demonstrated ability to transform software requirements into high quality output
- Understands multiple potential solutions and objectively presents them for team consideration; able to articulate architecture proposals to the relevant audience
- Knowledge of enterprise application technologies using .NET C# (and related technologies) and SQL. Experience with web services, scripting languages and other web languages a definte asset
- Assist in constantly improving the SDLC at PriceMetrix including aspects such as build/test automation, coding standards, code reviews, design standards and documentation
- Communicate and put into practice, standards, policies and procedures of data environment
- Highly organized with expert abilities to balance multiple parallel projects
- Exceptional technical written and verbal communication in English. Additional languages are an asset
- BS in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and/or MCTS: SQL 2005 certification or equivalent experience
- Data warehousing experience is required and experience within the retail brokerage / financial services industry is advantageous
- Five or more years experience in a software development role
- Five or more years experience working in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
Expected Corporate Standards:
Every employee of PriceMetrix and the successful candidate are expected to:
- Approach work in a collaborative manner: offer expertise readily and assist team members in accomplishing individual and collective tasks,
- Display initiative around their training and that of others, and actively pursue professional development opportunities,
- Offer and respond to feedback in a constructive manner,
- Think critically and be open to new approaches and 'better ways' - avoid taking the path of least resistance,
- Challenge our Clients, their colleagues, and themselves in the interest of making them more successful,
- Respond to business demands with urgency, and be calm and reasoned during pressure and crises,
- Exhibit pride and ownership in the quality of our services and products,
- Have personal respect for their colleagues and professional respect for everyone's role in our success,
- Represent the firm to Clients, prospects, vendors and candidates professionally,
- Treat Client information, and information about our businesses, in confidence,
- Communicate clearly in English.
To apply for this position, please visit the careers page of our website at www.pricemetrix.com
Last updated on March 01, 2011