Wescom Solutions, developer of the PointClickCare system, has been recognized for three years in a row in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 2006, 2007, 2008!
PointClickCare is a North American leader in healthcare information systems. We are a privately owned Canadian based company with a strong focus on the success of our customers. Our entrepreneurial atmosphere is just part of what makes PointClickCare an exciting and motivating place to work.
Our web-based software tool enables nursing home facilities to efficiently run their business, which means more focus on the seniors that live there. Through the talent and expertise of our employees, we are proud to say our product is user-friendly, frequently recommended by current users, and backed by a committed team of people.
- Install and configure database servers (MS SQL 2005/2008) both in standalone and clustered environment
- Provide day to day database support and maintenance
- Manage and promote database schema changes to production
- Monitor production system and proactively optimize database performance
- Investigate and resolve database issues
- participate in disaster recovery planning and testing
- Design and write TSQL and scripts to automate database management tasks
- Work with DEV and QA team on database projects and initiatives
- Document operational procedures and processes
- Carry on-call pager and provide after-hour support on a rotational basis and as require
- Other tasks assigned by Management
- 3-5 years of professional experience with SQL Server 2005/2008
- Experience in a 24X7 high availability production environment
- Experience with supporting clustering, log shipping and replication
- Experience with both 32bit and 64bit computing systems
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
- Ability to prioritize and execute on a dynamic list of objectives
- Proven track record of successful time and resource management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University degree in computer science or related field
- Team player who can work with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
- Experience with backup compression tools (e.g. Red Gate SQL Backup)
- Windows 2003 and networking knowledge and experience
- Large hosted system experience
- Database and application stress testing and tuning
Compensation and Benefits Overview
Being an employee of PointClickCare, you can expect to work in a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by talent and expertise and a passion for what we do.
As a result of our recent growth we are expanding our facilities to include additional work and meeting space, a new gym and an expanded cafeteria. We should also mention we have a cool work culture backed by quarterly employee events, free lunch 3 times per week and onsite massages (just to name a few of things we do to make employees feel valued).
We mean what we say when we say we like to work hard, but play hard too!
We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, career development opportunities, RRSP matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please visit the careers section of our website to locate this position and the online application.