-Lead definition and execution of standard database administration procedures for all of our Eloquence, Progress, and Sybase databases (e.g. monitor usage, performance, logs, security, capacity planning, etc.)
-Lead definition and execution of standard Oracle Applications administration procedures (e.g. monitor usage, performance, logs, security, capacity planning, infrastructure setup, etc.).
-Lead, plan, define, develop, and implement corrective actions to address isolated and recurring issues.
-Partner with system analysts to review performance of new objects and/or changed objects and lead performance tuning sessions.
? Lead, plan, define and implement patching strategy for Oracle Applications, Eloquence, Progress and Sybase.
-Implement database changes in production.
-Define and execute standard environment management and cloning procedures to enable development and troubleshooting efforts.
-Define implement and test database backup strategy.
- Define, implement and test disaster recovery procedures for Oracle Applications, Eloquence, Progress, and Sybase.
-Act as an Oracle application and Eloquence, Progress, Sybase Subject Matter Expert and supporting Systems Analysts in development efforts.
- Maintain Oracle Applications architecture and database environment documentation.
-Proficiency in PL/SQL
- Proficiency in database administration processes and procedures using Oracle technology
-Comprehensive knowledge of unix (HP UX and/or AIX)
- Ability to influence people that have no directly reporting relationship.
-Superior analytical and interpretive skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum Requirements):
- University degree in Computer Systems, or equivalent experience.
-5+ years of experience of working with Oracle databases
-2+ years of experience of working as a DBA or any other technical role (e.g. architect) with Oracle Applications.
- Experience with Sybase or Progress is an asset.