Database Administrator - 37831, THE OTTAWA HOSPITAL
Ottawa, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 21, 2011 1 Position(s)
Performance Mngt Dashboards
Non-Union Prof & Tech
Until approximately July 5, 2013.
Rotation- Days, 8 hour shifts.
- University Degree or Community College Diploma in Computer Science;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years work experience in a computer programming environment demonstrating strong analytical and programming skills (various languages and platforms using structured methods);
- Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, problem solving, and supervisor skills;
- Knowledge of interfaces and data conversion
- Knowledge of health care and clinical systems
- Experience in application integration and data integration projects;
- Experience in trouble shooting & debugging applications;
- Experience creating system test plans and conducting system tests;
- Experience analysing and documenting business requirements and recommending solutions;
- Excellent client service skills including patience and diplomacy;
- Knowledge of computer systems, databases, structured analysis, systems architecture and design, systems development life cycle.
- Experience with Sybase IQ, Sybase ASE, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DBA;
- Good understanding of the database framework and the underlying disk storage system (e.g. SAN);
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work with database vendors to resolve issues;
-Ability to code stored procedures within databases
-Experience with ETL processes and systems
-Knowledge and experience with Dimensional modeling
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending French is an asset.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.