Position: Software Engineer (.NET)
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Innovation. Quality. Growth.
More than 70% of senior executives recently studied by McKinsey and Company identified innovation as one of the top three drivers of growth over the next three to five years.
Innovative, high quality consumer insight management (CIM) solutions is what MarketTools is known for, but don’t take our word for it. We’ve been named a finalist for a 2009 ‘Stevie Award’ in the *Most Innovative Company of the Year category. In 2009, we were named **#1 in Customer Satisfaction by customers of marketing research solutions. ***Outsell, Inc., a leading research and advisory firm, placed MTI alongside industry leaders Apple and Linked In in their 2009 Company to Watch
report for being one of the more innovative players in our industry.
Through a unique combination of best-in-class insight and feedback platforms, quality-assured global panels and research innovation, MarketTools enables companies to better identify new opportunities, fuel greater product success and build customer advocacy. Our commitment to delivering actionable insights to our customers has paid off with industry leading growth and profitability. Our customer list is the envy of the industry and includes 400 of the Fortune 500.
The successful applicant will be motivated by designing and developing top-notch solutions to difficult problems, have a can-do attitude, and finds satisfaction in knowing that fruit of their efforts are in use by millions of users.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle from prototyping and design to release using agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Implement online scalable applications and services using .NET, WCF and related technologies, patterns and architectures (e.g. SOA)
- Evaluate and recommend processes and technologies that would improve the productivity of the team
- Perform detailed analysis of business and technical requirements
- Write technical approach and design documentations supporting business needs
- Developing, integrating, testing and deploying .NET application followings technology best practices (MVC, CI, TDD…)
- Handling all support tickets escalated by technical support engineers, internal users, customers and other stakeholders
- 5+ years of online application development experience
- 3+ years experience with .NET, including experience with and fundamental understanding of .NET 3.x, 4.0 and related technologies/frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Ajax, JQuery and TDD using Nunit
- Have proven expertise in writing Web 2.0 applications and developing scalable, reliable and secure web solutions
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS modeling, design and implementation using TSQL and MS SQL server (2005/2008)
- Experience with one or more high volume, distributed web-based applications or services with high-availability SLA’s
- Experience with OO analysis/design concepts and coaching junior engineers in the basics
- Experience identifying and addressing performance and scalability issues
- Knowledge of and experience in applying design patterns (e.g. MVC) and software development best practices
- Passion for delivering high quality and scalable products
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with cross-functional teams from multiple departments
- Bachelors degree (Masters is a plus) in computer science or related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience with UML is a plus
- Experience with one or more agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with market research and/or online survey tools is a plus
MarketTools is the leading technology and service provider of Customer Insight Management solutions for the world’s market leaders. As the first company to make online surveys widely available on the web, MarketTools continues its market-leading position by providing the broadest range of powerful, accurate and integrated customer insight technologies that empower companies to become the most customer-centric organizations in their industries. MarketTools’ premier portfolio of technology-based insight brands includes MarketTools.com,™ Zoomerang,™ CustomerSat,™ TrueSample,™ and ZoomPanel.™
*American Business Awards - Finalists were selected by business professionals nationwide during more than five weeks of preliminary judging. Members of the Awards' Boards of Distinguished Judges & Advisors, plus business leaders on nine specialized judging committees, will perform final judging through June 3 to determine this year’s ‘Stevie Award’ winners.
** MarketingResearchCareers.com - MTI achieved #1 rating in the annual survey of over 2500 buyers of marketing research and research software platforms.
*** Information Industry Outlook, 2009 - Outsell, Inc., a leading research and advisory firm named MarketTools, Inc. a company to watch in its annual report that highlights forward-thinking companies.
MarketTools is a privately held company with corporate headquarters in San Francisco and European headquarters in London. For more information, please visit: www.markettools.com.