This position reports to the Consumer Insights & Research Director.
As our Data Warehouse Developer, you will:
- · Be accountable for the development of technical specifications for complex applications or modifying/maintaining complex existing applications
- · Design, code, test, debug and document applications
- · Provide work direction, mentoring and advanced support to junior staff
- · Work closely with the Consumer Insights & Research Director, Consumer Insights Manager, e-Business team members, Associates to ensure that new and existing database models meet the client needs
- · Assist the Director and other team members in the development of cost estimates and initial specifications
- · Act as project lead on occasion with the responsibilities of coordinating a small project team
- · Coordinate efforts with other Systems Developers to ensure that technical and database standards are complied with
- · Ability to design technical solutions/specifications and define systems requirements.
- · Perform logical physical/conceptual modeling for new database and changes to existing ones
- · Audit transactions and conduct periodic security assessment of the database
- · Manage documenting BI requirements, assessing BI tools and implementing the selected solution for the team; training the team on leveraging the full capabilities of the BI tool
- · Identify and document processes and procedures
- · Perform database turning and identification of database design flaws
- · Establish effective test strategy, test plans and test cases in conjunction with the QA specialist, Business Analyst and e-Business Manager to ensure all components are thoroughly tested
- · Manage role responsibilities within/to Quality Management System (QMS)
As our Data Warehouse Developer, you must have:
- · Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005/2008 development and support.
- · Excellent understanding of Data Modeling Techniques – Relational and Dimensional.
- · 3-5 years experience with ETL Design principles and Concepts.
- · Development and Testing experience with TSQL – stored procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
- · Performance Tuning of T-SQL code and SQL Server Databases.
- · 3-5 years experience with development and Testing with SSIS 2005/2008 and support lifecycle.
- · 3-5 years Experience with scheduling SSIS packages and creating jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- · Excellent programming skills for backend / 1st tier application development.
- · Development experience with any one of the leading BI tools in the market would be asset.
- · Development experience with MS SSRS 2005/2008 would be an asset.
- · Retail experience is an asset
- · Post secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
This is your opportunity to join an exceptional team who works hard, has fun and goes above and beyond each day to exceed our clients´ expectations with an entrepreneurial spirit and in a corporate culture that