MKS is growing our Tactical Services team! This is an opportunity for a highly technical individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, customer facing environment that demands responsiveness and superior troubleshooting skills. Your critical thinking skills and ability to handle complex information from multiple stakeholders is essential, because as a member of the Tactical Services team, not only are you working with customers to diagnose database performance issues, but you’re also working with R&D to tune MKS applications.
You’ll help define optimal database configurations & settings and identify potential schema & algorithm improvements in our software. You’ll also get involved with performance testing with our QA team. You’ll also be called upon to manage customer databases and occasionally support our corporate IT department in times of need. This is a multi-faceted role ideally suited to an individual who is looking for more than the traditional DBA activities!
To be successful in this role, you need to be a high-energy, self-starter who shows initiative and can leverage appropriate organizational resources. The customer situations you’ll be parachuted into are pressure-filled and demanding, but you’re ready to take on the situation and run with it. You take ownership of driving them to resolution, and ensuring appropriate follow-up measures are taken after the dust settles.
You’ll require superior interpersonal and communication skills as you gather information and work toward crisis resolution; updating and interacting with customers, internal teams and MKS Management. This position offers an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills and interface directly with the enterprise organizations that rely on MKS Integrity, and will require occasional travel to customer sites.
Here’s what we need:
- At least 3 years experience as a Database Administrator working with Oracle (experience with SQL server and/or DB2 a plus)
- Experience in performance tuning
- Clustering experience (RAC)
- Experience in database design and SQL optimization
- Ability to set up and manage replicated databases
- Recent certifications (e.g. OCA, OCP, OCM)
Bonus points for:
- PL/SQL development experience
- Knowledge of front end languages (e.g. Java)
- Ability to script using Ksh, AWK or Perl
- Experience with DTS (ETL tool)
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal, Brio, Business Objects or MS Reporting Services