Database Administrator - 6-month contract, THE MIBRO GROUP
GTA, ON, CANADA; Markham, ON, CANADA; Pickering, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 4, 2011 1 Position(s)
The MIBRO Group is a leading North American supplier of Power Tool Accessories, Chain & Chain Accessories, Rope & Cordage, Sandpaper/Abrasives, and Lawn & Garden Products. With the recent acquisition of wolfcraft, we have also become a leading supplier of Work Tables and Support Stands, Clamping Products, and additional Power Tool Accessories focusing on wood products such as Material Shaping, Joining and Sanding.
People have always been MIBRO's greatest strength. Our committed team has helped this company grow for over sixty years. MIBRO is proud to be a winner of the Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award.
This is a 6-month contract opportunity, ideal for an entry-level I.T. professional or a technically-oriented administrative professional.
As part of our Product Development team, working from our Scarborough, Ontario Head Office, responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the integrity of the Company's database including:
- Creating new item numbers for products and materials
- Setting up Bill of Material, Product Master, and Purchase Master details for newly created products
- Maintaining above-noted files as changes occur
- Reviewing art-work and product packaging information, ensuring accuracy of bar-codes and product information
- Coordinating and following-up on information required from other departments
- Producing reports using report-generating software
- Providing procedural documentation and training
- Providing administrative support for the department
Candidates for this position must possess:
- Database maintenance experience
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products, with an emphasis on Excel (Intermediate level user or stronger)
- ERP experience
- Effective problem-solving skills, deadline-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Detail oriented
- EDI experience an asset
- WMS experience an asset
- I.T. aptitude an asset
- Able to commit to fulfilling the 6-month contract in its entirety
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Why settle for just any company? We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Continuous Development
- Growth Opportunities
- Dynamic Team Environment
In an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals, we believe in RESPECT, INTEGRITY, QUALITY, INNOVATION, and SPIRITED TEAMWORK. We are an organization where individuals' contributions are valued and there is plenty of opportunity for growth and development.
We offer a high performance, fast, flexible and empowered culture where employees:
- Embrace change and initiate opportunity
- Have a passion for growth
- Have the courage to innovate
To learn more about our company, please visit our website www.mibro.com.