Application System Administrator, LOBLAWS
Mississauga, ON, CANADA
Title: Systems Application Administrator
In this role, the successful candidate will report directly to the Manager of Transportation Management Systems. The Systems Administrator serves as a key contributor on the 'Customer and Technical' Team and is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all application systems software.
1. Plan, schedule and coordinate all systems administration activities, including installation, testing, deployment and configuration of hardware and software.
2. Provide 2nd level systems support for application software residing on Aix, Linux and SCO and Windows environments for a 24X7 environment.
3. Capacity planning and project software/hardware requirements for the Enterprise Computing infrastructure. Ensure performance and high-availability requirements of systems and services are met in our 99.99% uptime environment.
4. Monitor system performance as it relates to the application.
5. Prepare system health status reports and communicate to management on potential issues.
6. Maintain and document the configurations of all system components, including application software, web servers, database servers and operating systems.
7. Evaluate, test and validate new releases prior to implementation on variations of system configurations.
8. Investigate, repair and provide technical support to problems as they arise.
9. Provides after hours rotational coverage for service failure resolution and on call pager support.
10. Provide daily technical support of enterprise computing environment and end users.
11. Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Skills and Requirements:
• Post secondary education in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
• 3-5 years of experience with maintaining and supporting MS Windows and IBM AIX-based systems in a 24X7 mission- critical environment
• 2-4 years experience supporting systems management /monitoring/ backup applications such as BMC patrol, CA Autosys, Veritas Netbackup
• 2-4 years of experience with maintaining and supporting Linux systems
• 1-3 years programming in java and unix shell
• The individual requires a good understanding of network domain structure and protocols knowledge of Internet and WEB technologies.